Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Should I cahnge my passwords ?

frank rabbets

Guru
I have Norton 360 security on my computer. Is this new security virus going to get through it?

What sites I might visit are vulnerable ?

Thanks

Morning Frank,
This latest one isn't a virus but a security flaw in the way secure (https, ssl) sites work. Norton in this case offers absolutely no protection at all.

60% of the sites on the entire internet have been affected at some point over the past 2 years.

Having said all that - I'm still too lazy to bother changing passwords as the chance is very slim anything will come of it. As for any losses from your bank account etc in a worst case scenario ... the banks themselves would cover these.

Cheers

I'm not bothering, don't do online banking anyway, got no money, lol

Frank, I have just had a look on your hard drive and yes you should. In fact I have done it for you.

Change you passwords in a couple of days time, if it concerns you that much.

Help Help Help Chris. I can't get hold of my money. Can you post my new password up please.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That seems to be a fairly good explanation. The really important bit is, that if you do decide to change your passwords for peace of mind, to make sure that the site you are changing your password for has already been patched. Otherwise you are potentially exposing your new password at a time when everyone knows about the bug.

Rich

I've got ask installed on here for some stuff. I'll be taking a look tonight and seeing what needs patching.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Most of the really important sites (online banking etc.) have the "2 factor security" as it's referred to in the article and many (my bank included) now have a 3rd factor in the form of a random access code generator or secure ID token as they're sometimes called so I'm not that worried personally.

I have a bank account with Nationwide and Nat West both of whom use a random access code generator and have done for a very long time not just recently.

All has been updated. The vulnerability was there :icon-cry: Everything is safe now.:dance: There is no way of knowing if the vulnerability was exploited or not. If you're uneasy then best bet is to update your password here

Back