Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site adverts

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Hi,
Is anyone else seeing adverts for 'Prestige Cars Kent' when they log in or is it just me?

H

has your subscription expired?
I don't pay the subscription, I was asking because I have had dealings with Prestige Cars, I bought the Jag there, and I was wondering if any other members saw the ads.
Does our site view our off site dealings? which means we are being spied upon by someone and I don't like that, what happens on this site is OK but I would prefer to keep my outside interests private I don't think that is unreasonable.

The adverts will be based on your browsing history and the cookies you've picked up from those sites.

Google then makes adverts based on your searching and browsing history.

I use Firefox as it has a "Do Not Track" option that is easy to set, use the Container option (all forums are together, Facebook is split off into a seperate one, all news is together, all my work stuff is split off from all of that, as is my PhD stuff) and I also use an ad-blocker (which does cost the forum because they don't get paid for displaying the adverts); at the moment I use uBlock Origin as it's been nice and light, and I can install it on Firefox on my phone as well.

The other solution is to set your browser to clear all history and cookies when you exit, and then you'll get some fantastically random adverts...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The other solution is to set your browser to clear all history and cookies when you exit, and then you'll get some fantastically random adverts...
I had all history and cookies deleted on exit when I used Internet Explorer but now I use Chrome and can't see how that is done on Chrome.

The subscription fee removes adds altogether but moreover the way i see it its a pittance to pay to help the site keep working when a single post might save any one of us hundreds of pounds in repair bills for lack of knowledge .

The subscription fee removes adds altogether but moreover the way i see it its a pittance to pay to help the site keep working when a single post might save any one of us hundreds of pounds in repair bills for lack of knowledge .
It isn't seeing adverts that I object to, it's having our outside activities spied on.

While we are on the subject, Does the site automatically take subs each year via Paypal or do you have to renew your self, Cant remember when mine runs out...

Last edited:
Chas, you should not be seeing adverts.
What browser are you using? Any weird plugin, toolbar etc added on?

I've check as your account and it does not try show adverts.

@Higgy - Should auto-renew each year. :thumbup:

it's having our outside activities spied on.

Turn off the phone, unplug the router, drive only an 80 Series Land Cruiser and move to Clive's neck of the woods :D

As Tony pointed out, too late for that :(

@Crispin do we pay Proctor Tech Ltd. for the no adds if so could you check how many time I have paid, as I seem to be paying more than once a year
Thanks David

Turn off the phone, unplug the router, drive only an 80 Series Land Cruiser and move to Clive's neck of the woods :D

As Tony pointed out, too late for that :(
That sounds like a plan.
Now, just a matter of telling the Mrs the good news.. :think:

Back