Sorry Crispin, if the problems don't go away neither will my complaints, what else can I do? I can't continue with all these problems as they are, if it is as you suggest my PC at fault what can I do to rectify it?Good idea Chris but this would not be linked to an account. Has no baring. I believe somewhere it was done logged in / not-logged in and still the same on his computer.
Chas - you can drop it now with complaining about the upgrade. It is something specific to your computer / browser / ISP which is incompatible with the site.
The upgrade will not be rolled back and I've turned off everything which might be impacting you. Send me your password and I will log in as you from my laptop. If it works here then it's case closed.
Drop me a line with your details.
Well that does look good, I am using Windows 7 but then I was before the upgrade too. will 10 make a difference? How can I disable Norton without deleting it? also I don't know how to view in private mode.Chas, here is a recording of me browsing the site with your account.
I am using Windows 10, Chrome, no plugings or anything "special", no super-safe-internet-whatits
You can see from the speedtest I am having a slow day (It's normally 350Mb/s).
Other than a few pregnant-pauses here and there where it took up-to 2 seconds to load, I would call it lightning fast. Most of the time the page loaded completely in under a second.
I would go with:
- Your browser
- A plug-in or something like that
- Your computer or something on your computer
- Your internet connection
- Your brain works so fast that relative to the website, things are very slow
I would try:
- A different browser
- Disabling norton (tread-carefully here - I don't use AV other than MS Essentials and don't advocate not having an AV)
- Your browser in Private-mode/Incognito etc to remove the plugin options. (Though they might still run)