Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snagging list

warrenpfo

Could we keep this thread to JUST SNAGGS and not "how too's"

I thought it may be best to start a new thread for those little snags that you may see so that they are in one place and can get actioned.

On clicking "Whats new" at the top, the thread loads but some of the post's in particular Crispins will load with the avatar as the background and the post or writing ontop making it very hard to read. It may be a sizing issue or perhaps its admin privilege.

EDIT that: It would seem only Crispin has an avatar as we may need to reload ours in which case they may all do the same.

List (Added by mods):
Avatars: It’s odd that your avatar did not come across. I know there were a few failures but only a handful from ±2500 users. Nothing I can do about it now – sorry.
Smilies: We had a smilie pack installed on the old one, not all of these ported across ok. There might be a manual way I can shoe-horn them in.
BBCode: Some posts where there was custom code like embedding youtube videos or changing font size / colour might not have come across correctly. I have a clean-up script which I need to run to patch that all up.
<<Avatars can now be uploaded. >> Avatar Upload:

Any of the mods (same as before) can edit this message and add items to the list. I can just tick them off as I get to them. I’ll just plain forget if they’re not on this list

Last edited:
Two things I noticed last night in addition to the avatars were that the Smilies had disappeared and that the PM message limits were much lower than the original. I had to dump a lot of messages to be able to use the function. Not saying that's an issue - we should all keep things tidy, but I wasn't selective - I just deleted the lot really including message where I have email contacts listed, part number etc etc all things I have referred back to in the past.

I used to use the active topic button all of the time to keep up. I haven't got used to the new format for that yet, it's actually all a bit too much information.

Chris

Edit - just found 'today's posts' button. That's good.

Last edited:
hi, man i hate changes, anyway how do you edit your profile and add a avatar, i have had a look around and can not find where to do it ?

also i see none of my posts have been coppied over to this new forum, will the new forum contain all the previous threads and replies ?

also the newest replies are at the bottom of every page, rather than at the top.

cheers roy

Roy, look at the very right hand top of the page and you'll see Settings. It's all in there. And if you look at the bottom of the page you can see display settings - you can sort the threads in anyway you like Roy, up down, most replied to etc. Worry not

Chris

Last edited:
For the to-do list more than a snag, but looks like font's have not been added in (if that's how it works) so you can't do things like bold, stikeout, diff sizes etc.

Thanks Warren, good idea and yes, let’s not have any how-too’s. It’ll only cause things to get lost in the posts.

Chris, I noticed the thing about the avatar. I thought it was only for me as it was me and my post. If it is showing up for everyone then yes, that is a bugger.
I have about a 10 minute head start on you on how this forum works and what settings do what. It was Jon and Paul who pointed out long ago that the old one’s settings page looks like a desert compared to this one. I just wade around until I find the button that makes it change. Relying on Paul for a lot of help with what settings on where (Anyone else welcome to chip in)

I've added a list to Warren's post which we can add to and I'll tick off as we go.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Beat me to it. Added it while you were typing Tony.

i do not know if this is a snag but in the edit avatar setting there is no way to upload a picture ?
i am assuming it should be like the edit profile picture setting which does allow you to change or upload a picture.

I assume this would be something I have to enable. will look into it.

For the to-do list more than a snag, but looks like font's have not been added in (if that's how it works) so you can't do things like bold, stikeout, diff sizes etc.

Goto Settings (Top Right) >> General Settings (Left hand Pannal under My Settings) >> Miscellaneous Options (scroll down to find it) >> change it to Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
:cool:

This didnt work for me, still not able to load Avatar

Goto Settings (Top Right) >> General Settings (Left hand Pannal under My Settings) >> Miscellaneous Options (scroll down to find it) >> change it to Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
:cool:

No me neither even though one is showing in my settings section.

C

I now have 118 notification all unread emails even though the icon next to the email is showing read. If I select all and mark them as read and then hit proceed it reduces the notification amount but the icon for read and unread emails is reversed.

I.e. the 118 email I have are showing read by the icon but not on the notification.

Check out my inbox stats:

'Inbox contains 1,886 messages. You have 3,459 messages stored, of a total 1,000 allowed.'

Time for a clearout maybe?? ;-)

This didnt work for me, still not able to load Avatar

Not for the Avitar, but for the ability to change fonts etc.

I suspect the Avitar is a permission issue of some sort, although I could very well be wrong.

200 series is now parked in the middle of the listings instead of the top.

i do not know if this is a snag but in the edit avatar setting there is no way to upload a picture ?
i am assuming it should be like the edit profile picture setting which does allow you to change or upload a picture.

Is there no "upload" button under your avatar? There is on mine but it might not be set on for users. Pretty sure it was though but will double check.

correct there is no upload button for the avatar pictures.

Back