Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So what will/did Santa bring this Christmas?

We got an early Xmas present this year, had to get a new boiler fitted last week :icon-cry: put a nice dent in the bank account!

We got an early Xmas present this year, had to get a new boiler fitted last week :icon-cry: put a nice dent in the bank account!

We've got that coming up, Just had it repaired but it's on lit's last legs apparently and is obsolete. Why are they so expensive!! It's just a water heater. Sorry but I just can't se £2k in a few bits of piping and some basic electronics.

Happened to us 3 yrs ago on xmas eve. Got heating again on 6th Jan Gary.
Apart from the cost, hopefully suffering was minimal

We've got that coming up, Just had it repaired but it's on lit's last legs apparently and is obsolete. Why are they so expensive!! It's just a water heater. Sorry but I just can't se £2k in a few bits of piping and some basic electronics.
At 2 grand you aren't getting British Gas to do it otherwise it would be 6! Shop around is all I'll say. Plumbers and heating engineers often know how to charge because there's a perception you aren't allowed to do it yourself, even if perfectly competent to do so.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It had a break down in November (had issues in August too) and it was 20 years old, £200 ish to fit some parts but what else was round the corner, he did a temp repair and moved a few jobs to do ours. I asked him to just replace it rather the waste money on it. He's local to us.
£1750 and job done.
Annoying as been viewing houses recently.

80 has been in the naughty corner recently too, first a heater fault, then an oil leak, closely followed by a coolant leak, a running fault which was a bad tank of fuel, it nearly got put for sale!!!

On a plus though started on my new tattoo last weekend, back in the morning (yes Xmas eve) for another 4 hours.

Why air Bob?

I quite like air tools and have a range of them plus a large portable compressor (100 litre, 3 Hp). I expect to be re-spraying my '90' once I've finished welding in body panels and this should be just the job.

I did wonder about an electric one but finally decided on air . . we will see if that was the right decision.

Bob.

New shuv-holer, and new knife. Quite how trading up from all the Opinels I've lost will work out, I don't know. But at least I can open this one with gloves on.

IMG_2180.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG

Last edited:
This is the Target vehicle Bob...

View attachment 138487

Suzuki TS250x 1989. Eventually found a new barrel in Belgium, piston in UK and rings in USA. Should be ready to MOT in a couple of weeks.

I had one of those back in the early 90's! D reg 1986, exactly the same colour scheme too. Bought it for green laning after getting fed up with the TY250 which was great off road but the road miles were a complete PITA. Can't remember exactly when I sold it but I went back to a TY250R!! for a while, then packed in laning after that and didn't get back to it 'til 2010.

Its going to be sold. The proceeds will be directed towards welding gear

I recently treated myself to a 'high-end' TIG Welder for use when welding thin sheet (body panels, Classic Bike restorations). I have had a MIG and a Stick welder for years. This is what I bought (with all the extras):

https://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/tig-welder-ac-dc-170a-digital-tig-170ext/

I'm slowly getting to grips with it before tackling anything serious, I like it a lot.

What are you going for ??

Bob.

Back