Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So what will/did Santa bring this Christmas?

Found mine with my name on it on the way to the house tonight, in a grotto called Dedeman (like B&Q) and it’s got a “Record” badge on it and the same embossed in the casting, 6” jaws.... :dance:

View attachment 138406 View attachment 138407

Nice! :icon-cool:

It almost looks like it might be one of the last of the quality British Made Record vices, before those unscrupulous bastards at Irwin started buying up all the quality tool companies and moving production to China. :shifty:

It almost looks like it might be one of the last of the quality British Made Record vices, before those unscrupulous bastards at Irwin started buying up all the quality tool companies and moving production to China. :shifty:
Interesting Ben. I'm no fan of Irwin either. I think their flexible 'stanley' knife is seriously dangerous. I could be wrong, I've never used one beyond a half second trial, it just seems wrong to me that a knife should bend.

I love a good torch,and was give this Slyde king one

s-l300.jpg

Irwin started buying up all the quality tool companies and moving production to China. :shifty:

Irwin are owned by Stanley Black and Decker now, biggest shareholders JP Morgan Chase. It seems that as it's the brand name that has value now, manufacturing standards and costs are kept down as far as possible to maximise shareholder income.

I do hope so. Initially, I bought a very cheap Chinese vice, not by choice, there was no alternative. When I asked around, I was told that the only way to get a good one, would be the second hand market, an old Romanian or Russian brand, or from the UK!

The very first time I tightened up the Chinese one, the main casting holding the femail threaded part snapped! :icon-rolleyes:

Anyhoo, on the way to the house, we ventured into a new warehouse “Dedeman” that’s just opened, mostly for a nose about, and to get a new ball valve for the basement cold water storage tank. Funny how these things fail one day before Christmas eve :icon-rolleyes:

So, having a snoop, I saw a whole row of about 25 vices, all Record blue, starting with a little moddler’s jobbie, right up to a 10” monster. I went for the 6” (would have liked the 9” TBH) and it cost the equivalent of about £130.

Does Irwin still trade under the name of Record?

I notice it doesn’t have a quick-release slider, but otherwise it looks genuine. It’s bloody heavy mind and the machines finishes look pucker! It’s fingers crossed really:handgestures-finge:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The mechanical mod pump for my 1kz-te finally arrived all the way from Christchurch NZ :)
Now to find the actual time to install it :(
20171224_192844_zpsrdws0zxl.jpg

A Kaiapoi repowers pump Cat lucky you :sunglasses:
Remains to be seen if it was worth the hassle, and there was a lot of hassle! And i haven't even got into the nuts and bolts of installing it yet. Plus I need a suitable throttle cable to run the thing, don't think I can really use the original. I was thinking the cable for a 1kzt engine might suit? It's fitted to these models

Mine is more of an on going gift tbh, started last week on my new half sleeve tattoo, was there Xmas eve, back on new years eve too. Been having one laser removed over the last year or so.

I told them all just get me socks or something , so they all bought me the same plain black t-shirt from the same shop , all four came in different wrapping paper though :lol:

Back