Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

stoke mandevile

Very nasty. You, your hand and your body have been through quite an ordeal. Glad you pulled through, all the best for a speedy recovery.

Wow, that's bad news. Speedy recovery...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free

What a mess.

Speedy recovery JM, I'm hoping you're past the worst.

Chin up!

Looks very painful!!! Hope recovery goes well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Many many thanks to all of your best wishes, really means a lot, I'm home now

Good to hear that JM.

Don't rush it though, you've had some major trauma there for sure.

Nightmare, awfull thing to happen. Glad they recovered you when BP dropped after OP.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Ouch, my condolences and best wishes for a swift and healthy recovery.

Thats a nasty shock you've gone through, go easy on yourself for a bit don't rush it, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Back home again, got rushed back in hosp with serious side effects to drugs they had pumped into me & pills they sent me home with, boy did i feel bad.
Hands not to painful now but getting a lot of phantom pain from the fingers that are not there, weird feeling.

Pete you have a PM

crumbs, what a bummer! - My dad said the same about Phantom pain when he had his leg chopped off! 3 years on and he is getting used to it......
bon courage

Steve

:wtf: ive only just seen this, Dont know how i missed it. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

my cousin did something similar to both hands 25+ years ago in a sailing accident. It took a while to get back up to speed but he still sails, works as a painter and decorator and manages pretty well.

It's often better to lose the limb (digit) than to be stuck with a dysfunctional one. A mate of mine was slashed across the hand when being robbed (he's a marine, still managed to beat the shit out of them, despite having been stabbed through his bowel as well!!!) they did tendon repairs and multiple ops but in the end he decided to have the affected fingers taken off. He's never looked back, deffo the right decision.

Yes i had a long discussion with the surgeon regarding the damage to mine, when i was lying on the operating table, he said he could rebuild them but i would have to have bone taken from somewhere else, nerves, skin grafts & as my knuckles were missing completely the fingers would never bend, at the end of the day there was a just a chance i may have minor movement & a long rehab i chose to have them off, much quicker recovery time.

Back