Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

stoke mandevile

Yikes! that's not good, I hope it all goes well tomorrow.

Hi good look with it hope its ok for you tomorrow get well seen tonytoyota .

Good Luck!

(and that's just for your stream of visitors getting parked at the hospital... it's the local for my Grandparents, so I know how bad the parking is. Luckily they're both so infirm now they have a blue badge, but even that doesn't help much!)

Shoot JM - hope they can take car e of business for you - good luck man...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
well lads didn't have op till 5 last night, took 3 hours & i was awake throughout, pumped me to the limit with local anesthetic but after 10 minuets i could feel pain but could have no more anesthetic, he'd started so had to carry on, so much damage had been done that without bone grafts, tendon nerve & skin grafts from various parts of my body long rehab & physio & no promice they would work i told the surgeon to take them off, he agreed the best option & it will see me able to return to work intwo weeks although light work, it was the most painful 3 hours of my life , back on the ward about two hours later my body went into trauma & blood pressure feel through the floor to 50, big panic & a team of 6 worked on me for half hour to revive me & later told i came close to my maker, feel better today & hope to go home this afternoon.
003_zps17b26175.jpg

002_zps2cc5fa3e.jpg

Last edited:
OMG that looks awful, at least the thumb and forefinger seem undamaged and I would think they are probably the most important digits. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Bloody hell!!!!

Glad you made it through. Brave man going through that!

Bloody eck! That looks sore..........
Best wishes for a less painful recovery!
Steve

My heart goes out to you mate i aint stopped thinking about you since i first read this thread . I reckon you made the right decision though hence my earlier post saying "all the best for a speedy recovery" . I know from experience years of ops and adjustment then op again eventually leaves you unsure what your trying to achieve anyway . Get back in the fold as quick as you can and in a short time you will be back doing the things you always did .

Bloody hell, I hope recovery is fast and you get back to your normal self as soon as possible. Glad you made it out the other side, just by the sound of it.

Speedy recovery

Mi index fingers bust in three places as well but being left to heal naturally

I have been watching a few vids on spindle lathes and for the life of me can't fathom out how this could of happened. Do you have any recollection?

Good luck! Do as they tell you and it'll be a quicker healing process.

Must have dragged the piece of timber backwards a millimeter warren, I'd been gluing something before up & must of had glue on my fingers that was enough to grip the timber & pull it backwards with my leading ( left ) hand, the second it goes backwards it picks up and drags your hand with it & no time to move, all happened in a flash.

Eat loads of banana's they are known to speed up healing considerably .

Flucks sake, :(

Stuck for words.

Get well soon.

Gra.

Back