Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stolen Roof tent & Awning Reward

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Not mine but please keep an eye out as this has got to be heartbreaking news for the owner. Thanks

£500
Southport
A friend has had their roof tent and awning stole from outside their home in Banks, Southport. They are offering a reward to anyone who provides information leading to the return of their tent. Please share.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1824882871071844…

45628890_10155493634496853_7537507969135542272_n.jpg

Nothing worse than getting something stolen( my beloved 1985 gpz 900).... any way. A garage owning friend of mine says be aware 4x4s and equipment are top of the list again for the thieves, and going off for export... Your friends should circulate posts on all the 4x4 forums. This is the market Thieves will be looking at.. Keep an eye out on ebay / gumtree etc..

That’s a bit of weight to Nick, must be stolen to order.
I’m thinking maybe permanent mark my canvas.
Definitely Nicked to order Moggy.. No opportunist thief would have a go at that kind of size and weight.. just to get £20 for his next Fix... Hope they get it back. My guessing is that its already in a container...'Bon voyage'

Nothing worse than getting something stolen( my beloved 1985 gpz 900).... any way. A garage owning friend of mine says be aware 4x4s and equipment are top of the list again for the thieves, and going off for export... Your friends should circulate posts on all the 4x4 forums. This is the market Thieves will be looking at.. Keep an eye out on ebay / gumtree etc..

Nothing must be worse than that sinking feeling to see something gone missing. Recently I've taken to putting a Disklok on the 120 at night when its parked outside mine although its floodlit all night.
I hope they get a lead to recover it and the scum get their deserts.
It might be an idea to weld the nuts to the bolts on a roof rack to seriously slow the buggers down.

Nothing must be worse than that sinking feeling to see something gone missing. Recently I've taken to putting a Disklok on the 120 at night when its parked outside mine although its floodlit all night.
It might be an idea to weld the nuts to the bolts on a roof rack to seriously slow the buggers down.
It amazes me the Balls they have to nick it off your drive... A lad I know had wings, bonnet. and two doors taken off his 110 land rover while he slept soundly 8ft away.. It is sadly Very True.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had my Mk1 Shogun nicked off my drive in 2003. That sinking feeling is horrible Andy. It was used to steal a caravan and then dumped with some internal damage. I have a good idea what fraternity did it but there was never any end to my part of the tale though I did hear the caravan thieves got caught and put away.

I’ve thought about theft when building my roof rack. None of it is easily removed, except the roof tent from the rack but only with a key which is a bugger to get to with the tent in position.

Hope they get it back. Hope the thieves are caught and get publicly flogged (I know the last two won’t happen but I can dream).

There was a lass who had her caravan stolen and had an idea where it might be. She had a friend fly over the suspected ‘site’ in a microlight and confirmed it was in there. She presented the evidence to the Police who said there was not enough for them to enter the ‘site’. She put out loads of posts on Facebook and one day got a call from the Police to say that her van had been found, dumped in a local field.

Social media clearly works against this sort of thing.

I was looking at a 110 land rover on ebay.. And it showed pics of secure pedal locks, Brake /clutch etc.. Not seen that before. a nice neat steel box that fitted over all the pedals..

The pedal box lock is common on Landies now, Higgy - have been for a few years - the things are so easy to break into, its not funny. I've also seen people lock the pedals and the gear shift in position, and park nose up to a wall or similar. Shame its come to that...

I use a clutch pedal/steering wheel lock that locks the two together. Had it years. I had my mint XR650R nicked off the drive in 2010. Left it parked between the cars on the drive to cool down after a run before locking it in the garage. Must’ve missed the thieves by just a few minutes which is more than enough time for them of course. It turned up at a local dealer (taken in for crash repair) a few weeks later and the guy in the shop recognised it and phoned me.

There was two stolen in the local area on the same night, just unbolted the roof rack/bars and took everything.

I've got an ignition isolator on the truck and a tracker, but could probably do with a more visual deterrent as well.
For the tent I rely on the fact it's a right bastard to get off!!

Mine is held on with anti tamper fasteners, started by just drilling out the hex on the allen screws.
It seems you can't have anything these days...

I use a clutch pedal/steering wheel lock that locks the two together. Had it years. I had my mint XR650R nicked off the drive in 2010. Left it parked between the cars on the drive to cool down after a run before locking it in the garage. Must’ve missed the thieves by just a few minutes which is more than enough time for them of course. It turned up at a local dealer (taken in for crash repair) a few weeks later and the guy in the shop recognised it and phoned me.
In the old days, I remember I use to pop the bonnet and take the main start fuse out On my 60 series. Coz it was so easy to get the doors open even when Locked...

The pedal box lock is common on Landies now, Higgy - have been for a few years - the things are so easy to break into, its not funny. I've also seen people lock the pedals and the gear shift in position, and park nose up to a wall or similar. Shame its come to that...

A chap on my street has a removable steering wheel on his Defender. Gets me every time I pass it.

Program on last night about car theft and scanning keyless high end cars to fool them into thinking that the key was present. Seems the most secure was the Range rover. A "retired" car thief admitted the best deterrent was the "old technology" Disklok. They wouldn't bother trying to get it off just move onto the next one.

Back