Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sub Diesel Tank

Graham said:
Hi Andrew, and others,

What is the capacity of the rear standard fuel tank on a 90 / 95 ?

Could I guess it is probably the same capacity for teh 3 door shortie, and the 5 door ?

Perhaps 85 liters or so?

So with the 120 series already carrying 87 liters, and another 85 liters in a 90 series tank, that give a fair range I would say.

172 liters could take a 120 series about 1100 miles roughly thinking, about 38 gallons at 28 mpg.

Gra.

I believe the colorado models have a 90 litre tank. :thumbup:

Graham said:
Hi Andrew, and others,

What is the capacity of the rear standard fuel tank on a 90 / 95 ?

Could I guess it is probably the same capacity for teh 3 door shortie, and the 5 door ?

Perhaps 85 liters or so?

So with the 120 series already carrying 87 liters, and another 85 liters in a 90 series tank, that give a fair range I would say.

172 liters could take a 120 series about 1100 miles roughly thinking, about 38 gallons at 28 mpg.

Gra.

All Prados/Colorados 90/95 have a 90 liter main tank.

The sub tank have 60 liters. The 3rd generation 4runner main tank, serves as a sub tank for 95 series.

I don't know if a sub tank fits in to swb ( 90 series ).

90 + 60 = 150 liters :clap:

Cheers

i have got two spare fuel tanks for lc90 if any use to any one :thumbup:

Pete - are they the longitudinal ones, or the one that goes across the chassis at the back where a spare wheel would be? If the latter, I'd be interested in one!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also be interested in one if it is the side to side at the rear.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just to be different, I want one of the 120 i.e. fwd/back tanks to go on my 90 :)

I'm with Fridayman here. Want the 120 tank which sits front-back next to the left rear wheel.

Cheers

AndyCook said:
fridayman said:
Just to be different, I want one of the 120 i.e. fwd/back tanks to go on my 90 :)

ive been thinking of that - but then wasnt sure i could be bothered with all the pipe-work and brackets fabrication involved - there was one on ebay a while ago...

... and its still there http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LAND-C ... 1c25fe8bb3

Hmmm... if you aren't going to buy it, I might go for it. Let me know if you are still thinking about it?

fridayman said:
AndyCook said:
fridayman said:
Hmmm... if you aren't going to buy it, I might go for it. Let me know if you are still thinking about it?

I've been thinking about it for a few months now :) , so it wont happen anytime too,

you should go for it, then post a full description of the installation job and photos of how you installed it on here :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
than i might be more inspired ;)

MDST said:
The 3rd generation 4runner main tank, serves as a sub tank for 95 series.

Does anyone know if this is definitely the case, as I am looking for an auxiliary tank to fit my Colorado?

That's defo a 120 main tank. I still think the SWB 90 main tank that lived where the spare wheel goes will fit under a 130, like in oz and SA ....

Doh - typing on a bus in traffic is always interesting :)

:lol: :lol: I knew it was typo, just for fun.

So will a SWB 90 series main fuel tank, sit under the 120, from left to right?

I have a plastic tank at Andy's yard, ( sorry I haven't picked it up yet Andy) which is probably very similar to the 90 tank we are discussing.

i wonder if I can ask Andy to take a few images of the tank in his yard for me with a tape measure in the image?

Gra.

90 fuel tank

:lol: :lol: I knew it was typo, just for fun.

So will a SWB 90 series main fuel tank, sit under the 120, from left to right?

I have a plastic tank at Andy's yard, ( sorry I haven't picked it up yet Andy) which is probably very similar to the 90 tank we are discussing.

i wonder if I can ask Andy to take a few images of the tank in his yard for me with a tape measure in the image?

Gra.
Are there any second hand ones about please

Looking at the prices and understanding (perhaps incorrectly) that an OEM sub tank is fitted more or less alongside the existing tank on both vehicles , would it not be an idea to have a tank made out of stainless steel designed to replace the original with a much bigger single tank ?

I had a whelk riddle made recently for my boat out of stainless and the bill was £350 .

Hi all,

Can one of the 120 owners please take a measurement for me.
The measurement between the inside of the rear chassis rails, ie, from nearside to offside.
I am guessing it is about 900mm

Thanks all,

Gra.

Back