Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Once upon a time
On a driveway
Far far away

A little Landcruiser sobbed "Oh why can't I have nice big wheels so I can show off in front of all the other big cars"

His owner, being a really smashing chap, overheard the little Landcruiser and set about seeing what he could do.......

[attachment=2:2zm5m8dj]P1000853.JPG[/attachment:2zm5m8dj]
[attachment=1:2zm5m8dj]P1000855.JPG[/attachment:2zm5m8dj]
[attachment=0:2zm5m8dj]P1000854.JPG[/attachment:2zm5m8dj]

THE END

Credits
Landcruiser played by Silver Phoenix
Tyres from John
Diffs arranged by JW Enterprises
Tyre wrangling by Scott
Transport manager - Andy
Man in crowd - Matt
Engineering courtesy of Big Al
Catering by my Missus
Rims from Karl and Ian's wheel emporium
Fitting by Ryan at Wingy Tyres

Attachments

• P1000853.JPG
    P1000853.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 486
  • P1000855.JPG
    P1000855.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 512
  • P1000854.JPG
    P1000854.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 494
Looking good Chris :thumbup: These tyres look very similar to Ian's old tyres :mrgreen:

So what happened to the "sensible 80, went mad with mods on a 90 wont do it again"?

Oh don't Rob. I don't think I will be able to sleep at night. I do also have a set of BFG AT for the daytime. So it's not all madness.

Exactly the same tyres as Ian had.

Chris

Rob said:
So what happened to the "sensible 80, went mad with mods on a 90 wont do it again"?
A case of easier said than done I think :lol: Looks good Chris, thought you'd been a bit quiet, now we know why :)

Maybe I need another cruiser?

Oh my head hurts.

Not put the new diffs in yet. Just got the tyres on the rims today. I have been for a drive and actually it really isn't that bad at all. I was expecting it to be a horrible ride with no umph at all. Have to say it's really very drivable. Speedo does look to be about 10mph out. But it goes fine. OK, brakes need a tune up I think. I have fully rebuilt the rears this week. Will do the fronts next. But the bias is out so the LSPV needs a bend here and there.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris said:
I do also have a set of BFG AT for the daytime. So it's not all madness.
You keep telling yourself that :lol:

I hope you haven't helped yourself to the tyres from the green car :cry:

Looks fantastic.

Got a right hood of you mate, that cruiser bug hasn't it?
(As if it hasn't gotta a hold of most of us on here ;) )

Those tyres look a bit skinny don't they Chris? ;)
:lol:

Lookin' good - they certainly fill the arches don't they? Not much room to spare...... :cool:

How would I do that? Andy has a very close watch on those. :naughty: Trust me.

These are brand new.

Chris

There is more room than you might think. The wheels go up into the arches and the bump stops have been lowered so the body just gets pushed up if full travel is reached. But I might fit the 4" Iron Man lift kit like Mux had.

Chris

Chris only messing with you... I knew they weren't from the green car as you told me earlier and they still have all their tread blocks :mrgreen:

Actually Rob, given the use that Ian got out of his, I am staggered at how good they still are and how well they perform. They're not exactly bald.

But yes, these are very sharp. And won't really get that much use on balance.

Chris

Very nice Chris. Bet those will rock come Lincomb :thumbup:

Hey Rob - seen the price at the pumps recently? Until that falls, I shall be pushing it to the next pay and play.

Chris

Dont get making it so chugabug carnt get through mate at lincomb :D

Will he need a winch this time :think:

No, but maybe some cracking new tyres might help you mate. :whistle: Arf arf.

Chris

:lol: :lol:

He needs a over axel swap,Tbh mate those tractor tyres of mine will go anywhere. It would be a beast with the insas on though.

Karl

Look's good mate :thumbup: If you go for a 4" lift will that mean you could fit 39"s under it if you wanted. :think:

Back