Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This week I have been driving £110k's of G-Wagon!!!

Cptsideways

Garage
I have had the pleasure of swanning about in a G-Wagon this week, shiny new one with all the trimmings. When I say shiny & new I mean still the same old one with some new shiny stuff on & in, not much has changed in 20+ years. Off road too which its not bad at... difflocks & all.

They drive more like an early Gen landy than an 80 drives like a car, direct steering is not what you'd say they have! However it is very cool in a basic rufty tufty way, yet trimmed like modern Merc of this day & age, you just need to be very wealthy to want one!

I shall get some pics up next week for you all

Looking forward to the pics. :icon-biggrin:

I've always like G wagons. :icon-cool:

I have memory of friend of my brother's mum who was all of 5' driving around in a brand new 300GDL in 1989... in the mid/late 90's the gearbox developed a problem and my brother's friend stripped the gearbox down at the age of about 14-16 and sorted it out.

Dark grey... colour that really suits them..

Weird co-incidence - I haven't seen a G-Wagen in the flesh for ages (probably over 2 years) but a brand spanking new '13 reg one was parked in the neighbourhood today. It was debadged, so not sure what model but it may have been the AMG (G55/G63?) model as I could see a massive exhaust system through the front wheel arch and running under the body. The down pipe from the manifold must have been nearly 4" in diameter! :shock:

Apart from the shiny bodywork and LED lights etc. it didn't look any different to one 25 years old - though the massive AMG wheels with rubber band tyres did look incongruous a bit OTT IMO.

Still would have loved to have taken it for a blast....... :icon-cool:

Back