Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TLOC / Simon

is it because I am a guest but the "small talk" section is empty.

No, just as you can't do whatever you like on your own land, you can't do whatever you like on your internet site. I don't know what exactly would be deemed illegal but changing what people say, rather than just removing what they said, seems a likely candidate. Not sure about the PM's but as they're called Private it wouldn't surprise me if it were illegal to read private messages not intended for you no matter what disclaimer you use.

I suppose, editing a post which makes it appear someone said something when they did not could be seen that way. (I shall now edit your post to agree with me ;))

Trading standards advise me that under the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading regulations 2008 he is breaking this.
What he is doing is : misrepresentation of statements of facts.

If some sends me a personal message that says :

Hi karl
Tru MILNER OFF ROAD for the bearings your needing.

Then Simon decides to change that message to:

Hi karl
Try WESTCOAST OFFROAD for the bearings your needing.

That just can't be right.

I understand that he has his ways but he should give people one chance to use his site how he wants it used. If they don't play ball he should just Barr them.

he shouldn't be changing people's posts and information that they post. And reading and editing people's pms is just bang out of order.

CHRISPIN
That link you put on doesn't give his emails looks like he can't be contacted from that.

The one I recall is someone sticking up a post about snorkels on ebay. He changed it to a kids pool snorkel. Slightly funny but the point was still there :(

Karl, good bet would be admin@bla bla -

Last edited:
Just looking on there ... it doesn't actually say private message. Just message ...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The entire string on the TLOC re: the axle, has been deleted.

What a sad, sad world we live in.

Roger

I feel rather sad for Simon, he's obviously a very insecure person.

If you like I could contact Simon via itocuk and ask for an email so you can contact him directly? Or ask him to email you?
Neutral third party?! Been involved over there for a few years and still am to a point. Personally never had an issue.
If anything particular want me to put can pm me?

Now where is the popcorn eating smiley when you need it?

Hi Gary
if you could get his personal email that would be great.

Thanks Karl

Cheers for the homework Chas.

Id have no issue in ringing. Email is always better as there is always a paper trail.

Obviously by him deleting the thread on the other side gets rid of any evidence that he has been doing what he has.

Obviously by him deleting the thread on the other side gets rid of any evidence that he has been doing what he has.

Google caches things and you can view them even if it is gone. Oddly, while google has the URL indexed (it has already visited and viewed that thread) it is not showing any cache for it. Might be there tomorrow, not sure.

To view, go to google and paste the original URL into the box, press enter. http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=87873
Look next to the green link, there is a down arrow. Click on it. You might see "Share" and "Cache" If it appears and you click on it, you'll see the original thread as google saw it.

Why not ask if you can become a sponsor of the site Karl :lol:

I wouldn't want any part of it Gav. That's what I said to Simon before he barred me after 12hours registered on his site.Forums should be there to form a community of help and information for people to use.
As on here we don't get any of the type of shxt that goes on. I help people as much as I can as lots of other people do.
Personal messages or just Messages as Grant pointed out that are sent between two people SHOULD NOT BE READ under any circumstances.

I wouldn't want any part of it Gav. That's what I said to Simon before he barred me after 12hours registered on his site.Forums should be there to form a community of help and information for people to use.
As on here we don't get any of the type of shxt that goes on. I help people as much as I can as lots of other people do.
Personal messages or just Messages as Grant pointed out that are sent between two people SHOULD NOT BE READ under any circumstances.

As a matter of personal interest Karl, what reason did Simon give for such a rapid disbarment?

Roger

Hi Rodger. People were asking about parts as the guy was looking for the rear axel so I put my name forward.

On here other people usually put my name on rarther than myself as I'm not on here as much ATM.

He said he didn't want people selling stuff. I gave my views as wanting to help people out rather than just pushing sales. He said I could pay for using the site and that wouldn't have bothered me to give some money as I'd be doing my bit as a few of us did on here when the site was updated.

In the end I gave my views he gave his and he just barred me like a child who couldn't communicate. I suppose that's how he is. He can shout and scream what HE wants and what HE will do and sod anyone who wants to confront him,that's when they just get wiped from being able to communicate with him.

MY GUESS IS HE WAS SPOILT AS A KID :lol:

... Personal messages or just Messages as Grant pointed out ...
If you log out of the other site and look at the messages button it says "Log in to check your personal messages". Just saying . . . .

Last edited:
looks like the post is back again on tlocuk - it disappeared for a while

Back