Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tonights Tipple

Brian S

Country Flag
england
As someone that doesn't drinko_O ..............well not like I used to,:obscene-drinkingdr: and usually at home, rarely drink out

I decided to try something different to the usual "Tinnie" of Lager, so I've tried the Sharps brews.

I tried Doom Bar, at Chrimbo, not to my taste

Last week I tried Wolf Rock, a red IPA, nice enough but not something I would drink often.

Tonight I tried Atlantic, a Pale Ale, this I did enjoy, this will now be a regular feature in my fridge:D

What do you like "Beer" wise, what's in your fridge:obscene-drinkingbe:

Newcastle Brown Ale, Hob Goblin, Wadworth 6x and a bottle of single malt (nothing too smokey)
These usually feature in my fridge/ cabinet
Not into lagers really, but will have a bottle of Peroni with some food, a cold dry cider in summer is also welcome.

I don't drink at home (but make up for it when i go out) every xmas she buys me a few cans of Carling a box of Budweiser and a bottle of Jack Daniels . Last years xmas Bud was drank at Lincomb in September or whenever it was . Right now i have just short of 3 bottles of Jacks in the cupboard and there is a full crate of Carling and a box minus two of Bud in the kitchen from this xmas waiting for me to go camping again :)

In the spirit of the thread though , if you will pardon the pun , i have never liked cider maybe because it reminds me of being a kid when we forced litres of Merrydown into ourselves in a determined effort to get drunker than everyone else :doh:

Until i discovered pear cider which is my chosen alternative when i see the mrs enjoying a glass of rotten grape juice (wine) with her meal .

This...
20170108_161131.jpg

Wells Bombardier Satanic Mills. A rich very dark stout but can be hard to find. Bellhaven Black, another good stout worthy of mention. Guinness, if I can find a good pint but yet to find one outside of NI. One of the highlights of going to the NW200! A pint of Legbender when I'm in a cider mood (not very often). Not that big on Lagers but quite like a San Miguel but NOT chilled to the point it freezes your tonsils! Quite parshall to a G&T just about anytime!

Newcastle Brown Ale, Hob Goblin, Wadworth 6x and a bottle of single malt (nothing too smokey)
These usually feature in my fridge/ cabinet
Not into lagers really, but will have a bottle of Peroni with some food, a cold dry cider in summer is also welcome.

Newq, and Peroni I'm very familiar with:D like both of them, not tried Hob Goblin, might have to have a look into that one, :) purely on a research basis you understand:D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A pint of Guinness is my true drink but i got tired of arguing with staff when i handed it back and asked if they had poured it some time last week :puke-front:

I don't drink at home (but make up for it when i go out) every xmas she buys me a few cans of Carling a box of Budweiser and a bottle of Jack Daniels . Last years xmas Bud was drank at Lincomb in September or whenever it was . Right now i have just short of 3 bottles of Jacks in the cupboard and there is a full crate of Carling and a box minus two of Bud in the kitchen from this xmas waiting for me to go camping again :)

In the spirit of the thread though , if you will pardon the pun , i have never liked cider maybe because it reminds me of being a kid when we forced litres of Merrydown into ourselves in a determined effort to get drunker than everyone else :doh:

Until i discovered pear cider which is my chosen alternative when i see the mrs enjoying a glass of rotten grape juice (wine) with her meal .

Like you Shane, always had, Carling or Fosters or Heineken, or all in the house, up until my son left home.
We bought Cider at the "Offie" when we camped out as kids, can't even remember what it was, had some Scrumpy down here, jeez that stuff is vile
Not tried the Pear Cider..........Yet, more research I must do :D

Wells Bombardier Satanic Mills. A rich very dark stout but can be hard to find. Bellhaven Black, another good stout worthy of mention. Guinness, if I can find a good pint but yet to find one outside of NI. One of the highlights of going to the NW200! A pint of Legbender when I'm in a cider mood (not very often). Not that big on Lagers but quite like a San Miguel but NOT chilled to the point it freezes your tonsils! Quite parshall to a G&T just about anytime!

Been donkeys years since I drank any Stout, tried Guinness, but couldn't take to it.
San Miguel or Peroni is nice when out for a meal

How would you rate that one Tony, Peroni style or Stella or something else
It's a German Weiss beer, so not like a larger at all. Being a SAFFA I do like larger, but must admit Weiss beers are now favourite. Well either that or Guinness, but can't stand Guinness in a can. My beer fridge....
20161227_124458.jpg

I do not like Stella tastes like 50/50 water lager with a dash of vodka , but about 5 years ago on a visit back home the landlord of my local convinced me to try some promotional draught Stella and it was A1 it looked like lager but had the head and body of real ale , and as i learned when i left to go on a coach trip pub crawl about 5 hours later it was a damn sight stronger than your average pint :obscene-drinkingdr: i have never seen it again or maybe i have and didn't recognize it . It was a typical Stella pump but labelled 1772 or something ?

This thread makes me remember my drinking history. I've never been good at it, but as a 15 year old, we started at Solihull Ice Rink on Double Diamond and lime to make it taste like pop. 2s/4d for the beer and 6d for the lime, 2s/10d all-in the same price as a packet of Embassy cigarettes :lol:. That reminds me, on the corner of my street, there was a cigarette dispensing machine, 18 in a pack for 2s/6d (Half a Crown).

At 17 we had cars, so going further afield, we drank at the Bluebell Cider House. Amazing home brewed dry cloudy cider at 2/- a pint (10p). A bit further out was the Wayfarer where we drank (of all things) Guinness and Cider mix (poor man's Black Velvet) and I can't imagine now how we ever kept that stuff down :crazy:

As a more mature drinker, working in the Wolverhampton/Wellington (Staffs) area, I settled on Banks' Bitter. Anyone who knows it will know that it's like no other, and once you get a taste for it, nothing comes close.

During the summer of 1976, which was a scorcher, I moved on to Carling just because it was colder in the heat. And that was the beginning of the end, because I've never been able to get back into Bitter like I used to. Drank a lot of Banks' Bitter in the Bell between the M5 junction and Droitwich as that was local to work when I was on the M5 widening, John kept a good house even if he was a miserable bugger.

These days, I drink very little, but I'm quite happy with the local brew here, URSUS (the Bear) which is a light almost lager (bottled or can) beer and it's sold draught in some bars. It's like lager but with a more beery flavour. It's a good compromise and 5%.

I also like red wine in all shapes and sizes, Merlot, Pinon Noir, whatever, and it's cheap enough to buy here (23 Lei I paid for a 75cl bottle last week, that's about £4.50 a bottle. I bought 6 while I was at it :lol:.

Nice thread :icon-biggrin: Cheers :orcs-cheers:

I drink rakia which is Dalmatian brandy. about 2 fingers in the highball glass and top up with a small bottle of Bunderburg ginger beer and it is lovely.Usually have 2 drinks before tea and if I feel like a party have one more.
It is 60 proof.

I also like red wine in all shapes and sizes, Merlot, Pinon Noir

Something I've never been able to drink , all of it tastes like vinegar........until recently
Daughter and Son in Law came round for dinner and he brought a bottle of Co~op Spanish red wine, surprisingly I was able to drink it, for red wine it was ok for me

I drink rakia which is Dalmatian brandy. about 2 fingers in the highball glass and top up with a small bottle of Bunderburg ginger beer and it is lovely.Usually have 2 drinks before tea and if I feel like a party have one more.
It is 60 proof.

That sounds quite potent Pat:)

It is 60 proof.

Sounds similar to the 70% palincă my ma-in-law distills from the home-made 30% țuică we make from the apples and plums in the garden.

She runs the țuică through the still again, a couple of times, and it comes out pure, clear, and blows your socks off!

Sounds similar to the 70% palincă my ma-in-law distills from the home-made 30% țuică we make from the apples and plums in the garden.

She runs the țuică through the still again, a couple of times, and it comes out pure, clear, and blows your socks off!
Must be very similar in results.When on the road and you run out of diesel a bottle in the tank will get you home twice as fast as normal.
It's the same as Italian grappa but off course more refined for the mature folks.

Back in the day,I made home brew beer and had a stock of 17 dozen bottles.Youngest son returned from playing rugby in Devon and brought a Harlequins mate with him,the beer was cleaned out a couple of weeks so I said never again and removed myself to the spirit world.

Back