Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Trips away 2018

'Silk way' second half of May, June and first week of July if things don't get f**ked in Iran. Hopefuly not. It's been quite a prep for this trip. Estimate 17 000km. trip. And hopefuly I'll be able to make it to Clive in Comarnik this year!:) He's only a few hours drive from me.

We're spending the month of June doing the Pyrenees and Languedoc region of France via roadbooks. Then I'm off to Russia in September with Geko Expeditions.

We spoke to Geko too but they just kept piling on conditions that made it really clear that they just wanted our money and as little liability as possible. Well that's OK I guess but their adverts and booking info didn't make any of that clear at the outset. Why advertise a price for a vehicle and driver, if they only allow a vehicle, driver and co driver as a minimum?

You'll love the Spanish Pyrenees. I'd go again. Maybe on the motorbike next time

We spoke to Geko too but they just kept piling on conditions that made it really clear that they just wanted our money and as little liability as possible. Well that's OK I guess but their adverts and booking info didn't make any of that clear at the outset. Why advertise a price for a vehicle and driver, if they only allow a vehicle, driver and co driver as a minimum?

You'll love the Spanish Pyrenees. I'd go again. Maybe on the motorbike next time

That's a shame Chris, my experience was very different. I'd guessed it may be two per vehicle from watching the videos but I understand your point, it isn't clear in the pricing. I'm not aware of any other 'conditions' that I felt were unnecessarily onerous or unfair. I've spoken to Nicolas a couple of times on the phone and found him to be happy to talk, helpful and professional. I know he has a concern that potential customers properly understand what they're taking on with this particular trip but I found the required discussion with him prior to booking made it very clear what this trip and is not. It's a shame you and the others felt it wasn't for you, at one point it looked like the tour could have been almost entirely made of LCs from the club!

I'll be sure to report back on both trips. I hope your Russia trip is a success.

Should anyone, or small group, wish to explore the south east Spanish desert areas we'd be more than happy to guide. The Badlands, Gorafe, Sierra Baza and Tabernas areas could occupy six days (or more if wanted) plus travel to and from. The best time would be April through to mid-June as the deserts are at their best then and it isn't too hot. The trails are good, challenging in parts, and the scenery spectacular.

Regards,

We are hoping to finally set off on our 12 month long adventure around August. Firstly heading to Romania zig zagging through the northern balkans and then heading to spain zig zagging through the southern balkans. We plan on 3-5 months for this part of the trip with the balance of it in Spain. I'd like to do at least one trip into Morocco and Western Sahara too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Scottish 500 in June, maybe adding on the Northern 250.

Le Mans Classic in July in MX5.

Expat trip in October hopefully, aiming for 3 weeks this time, and a few more mods.

Other than that, nothing really.

'Silk way' second half of May, June and first week of July if things don't get f**ked in Iran. Hopefuly not. It's been quite a prep for this trip. Estimate 17 000km. trip. And hopefuly I'll be able to make it to Clive in Comarnik this year!:) He's only a few hours drive from me.

We’d be very happy if you can get to us George, even better if it coincides with a club outing, end of August. :thumbup:

We are hoping to finally set off on our 12 month long adventure around August. Firstly heading to Romania zig zagging through the northern balkans and then heading to spain zig zagging through the southern balkans. We plan on 3-5 months for this part of the trip with the balance of it in Spain. I'd like to do at least one trip into Morocco and Western Sahara too.

Same for you Grant, if you could find a way to call in on us, and it sounds as though end of August may fit with your plans... :handgestures-finge: :thumbup:

Seeing as a few of you have expressed a 'like' for the Spanish trip, I'll start a new thread for it later today.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

I'd love to come down, but there's only so many trips you can do in a year when you also have to squeeze in work. Having said that if I'm still not working by then, I'll jump on a ferry!

We are taking Silver Streak to the victorian high country Australia in July which is our winter just to play in the snow and the fun of it

Same for you Grant, if you could find a way to call in on us, and it sounds as though end of August may fit with your plans... :handgestures-finge: :thumbup:

Thanks clive. I don't think it will fit in as we will be taking a much slower route down. But you never know how these things work out. We will be aiming to give your body works guy a visit whilst we are there too :)

Thanks clive. I don't think it will fit in as we will be taking a much slower route down. But you never know how these things work out. We will be aiming to give your body works guy a visit whilst we are there too :)

OK, give me as much notice as you can, and details of what you need doing, and he’ll reserve some time.

He’s a busy boy, but always manages to fit things in to suit your travels.

OK, give me as much notice as you can, and details of what you need doing, and he’ll reserve some time.

He’s a busy boy, but always manages to fit things in to suit your travels.

Will do!

The cruiser will be staying off mainland Europe this year, but have an interesting Toyota related trip in July. Brother getting married in Texas, and his OH works for Toyota in Plano. She has arranged a factory tour for me and swears blind she can get me a Tundra double cab for a week. Plan after that is hire a normal car and tour the Southern states

Back