Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upgrade - Updates on what is hapening

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Folks, following on from this thread, I thought I would stick a sticky up to show the state of play.

The rough plan is to get the new one up and running on the side. I'll let you all know the URL as soon as I have done it. You'll be able to see it but will not be able to post to it. Once we're happy with how it converted and all is well, then I will make this one read-only and the other one full permissions and in time, turn this one off totally.
  • [strike:2sypbsdp]Get arse into gear[/strike:2sypbsdp][/*:m:2sypbsdp]
  • [strike:2sypbsdp]Purchase software[/strike:2sypbsdp][/*:m:2sypbsdp]
  • Setup website - waiting[/*:m:2sypbsdp]
  • Convert - waiting[/*:m:2sypbsdp]
  • Switch over - waiting[/*:m:2sypbsdp]

What is anything do you need form us?

There was mention of a donation for those that want too when you know price. There was also mention of graphics help or has this all been sorted.

Does anyone know anything about apps as a dedicated app would just be the icing on the cake to make posting photos and replys to threads whilst out on the trail.

Some sort of live chat section would be cool weather that be via mic or typing.

Knowing Crispin I think he struggles with asking folk for money to fund stuff for this site. Generally it does not cost a huge amount to host and run this sute, but with having to purchase this new fangled software, I think it's only fair that we the general users chip in what we can to pay our way. It's great not having adds, and all the other crap you see on other forums, so I don't think it's a lot to ask.

I think this was around the £200 mark. Seeing as we are all over the country/world, something like Paypal would proably work the best. If we leave the fund raising to Crispin it will never happen, so we need to sort it out. I'm happy to collect the money (and do a runner :shock: ) and then get that across to Crispin.

From the previous thread I think there were about 15 folk willing to do this, so we are nearly there :dance:

Thoughts?

Crispin said:
.... Once we're happy with how it converted....
How many of you are there :D

warrenpfo said:
Some sort of live chat section would be cool weather that be via mic or typing.
It won't be worth the effort.

It is hard enough trying to get folks to post here.... a live chat would scare the living daylights out of most :D

Just send me the details Tony :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds great drop me paypal details and ill send it as a gift.

TonyP said:
.... Thoughts?
Don't ask for thoughts we will end up going in circles else Tony :D just do it if you're willing to collate :thumbup:

Just PM those who have offered (myself included) the Paypal details and we will send the cash over.

Right I have pm'ed all who offered. If anyone else can donate please either post here, or pm me.

Cheers, Tony

I think we need to send it as a gift or you get charged for the pleasure?

Category is Friends & Family

£15 sent Tony - none for you for Castle, see :lol:

If every one who feels they got some thing out of the club, just sends £10 as a "Paypal gift" then I guess there would be a slush fund for extra forum goodies maybe.

At the moment we are only able to attach jpeg images, which is OK if some one wants to post picture.

But what about the possible ability to post a .pdf, or a .doc or a .xls ?

Maybe create an area for manuals ?

Gra.

Happy to contribute to the fund please send me the pp details.

Count me in, let me know the details.

Graham said:
.... At the moment we are only able to attach jpeg images, which is OK if some one wants to post picture.

But what about the possible ability to post a .pdf, or a .doc or a .xls ?
Patients sir.... all will be reviealed soon ;)

please let me know how to send some funds Crispin

Now that I've sent mine, do I get some kind of sticker? A red square instead of a yellow diamond? :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. Except about the Castle, Tony!!

Back