Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upgrade - Updates on what is hapening

This forum is great value and saved me a fair chunk of money. Although to be fair, it has also encouraged me to spend money that I wasn't planning to :lol: :lol: :lol: More than happy to contribute, so pls send me the PP details. :thumbup:

So got new forum installed and working, busy mucking about with the importer. At 1am I started making stupid mistakes so called it a day.

Graham, The current one could have supported other file types, I just disabled them. As Paul said, hold fire for a bit; suggestions will get lost in the noise in in thread. I you wanted to start a Wish List thread, no harm in that.

Still would like some help with the look and field side of things.

The new stuff is here: http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/
Very very bland ATM and will change as I work on it so don't be surprised. Note that, for now, your username and password will not work on the new one.

PM me the PayPal details too, only too happy to help.

Just a quick update on the funds. I have around £120 from the folk who I pm'd last night. I will get the details up later on as I am out and about for today. Similarly I will get my paypal details to the other folk who posted here.

Thanks guys :thumbup:

Yep me too I've benefitted extensively from ere!!! Pm me PayPal details pls

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm in. Please let me have the PayPal details

And count me in as well please....only too glad to help. :thumbup:

send me the paypal details too please

Quick question, what will happen to all the links to the old forum? Will they eventually divert to the new one?

Like this link, or all the ones listed in the first post of the link: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=316

Reason I ask is all the links on the new forum point to the old one.

The converter will replace them Rob to point to the same post in the new one.

I understand that you can change the links that are posted within these forums, but what about links from external sources? Will they eventually forward you to the new forum?

Ok, update on the money front. All the folk who have either posted here offering or have pm'd me have had pm's.

Funds stand at: £157.00 :thumbup: The following have donated thus far, thanks very much :dance:
Bat21
Gary Stockton
Cossack
Jon Wildsmith
Rob
Ben
Derek J
Ian Rubie
Chris
warrenpfo
Julian
Adrianr
TonyP

Oh and to avoid any confusion on my part, can you guys please put your forum names in the Paypal details, especially if it's not obvious :oops:

Thanks
Tony

Rob said:
I understand that you can change the links that are posted within these forums, but what about links from external sources? Will they eventually forward you to the new forum?

Hmm, good point. The converter does keep track of old->new. I will write a remapper so if someone hits and old link they will be redirected to the new post. Unless of course there is already one out there but it's a quick and easy thing to add.

Do you need a pay pal account as I don't have one and don't have a baldie about them.
Enjoy the site and the banter and grateful for the advice so more than willing to donate.

Cheers
Phil

phil the brewer said:
Do you need a pay pal account as I don't have one and don't have a baldie about them.
Enjoy the site and the banter and grateful for the advice so more than willing to donate.

Cheers
Phil
What about a bank transfer, but not something I would want to open to all.

Back