Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upgrade - Updates on what is hapening

I might be doing the change tonight or tomorrow night. Depends on how demanding SWAMBO is.... (and some technical issues. I can solve technical issues though...)

Saw this thread only now. More than appy to contribute.

Why not collect more and use it for increased bandwidth, storage space and server speed - there's nothing like a snappy website.
Maybe look to how mud is doing it, or just send an annual reminder to all members - then maybe even a tenner will be too much if all pay in.
PayPal is great for this.

Only one request: Can we have more posts per page? Scrolling is much faster than loading new pages all the time. Maybe a difference between when logged in and when not - like on mud? Or can that be in User Controls?

PS:
Love the Flag Counter. Norway is on the list - not bad for this little mountain with a handful of souls.

uHu said:
Only one request: Can we have more posts per page? Scrolling is much faster than loading new pages all the time. Maybe a difference between when logged in and when not - like on mud? Or can that be in User Controls?

Can certainly look into that. Is the website slow / sluggish from there? are other UK based sites sluggish or just this one? The server and bandwidth are quite underutilised so should not be a problem here but not ruling it out...

edit: For me, clicking on the next page is instant if it is cached (i.e. someone else has looked at it) and there is a very tiny delay if it is new but still pretty instant.
edit edit: This page takes 480ms to load from start to finish according to the chrome plugin.

This site is not sluggish (normally).
Over time, with more attachments - uploaded pics, and more users, it might slow down. That's when solid funding can help.

uHu said:
Saw this thread only now. More than appy to contribute.

Why not collect more and use it for increased bandwidth, storage space and server speed, or just send an annual reminder to all members - then maybe even a tenner will be too much if all pay in.
PayPal is great for this.
I'd be more than happy to have a voluntary annual fee, the information and camaraderie you get from this site is worth it's weight in gold, er, I suppose Internet info doesn't have any weight but you know what I mean :think:

Happy to contibute Cris, do I get a lifetime membership and a diamond sticker as well? :laughing-rolling:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Trevor said:
....do I get a lifetime membership and a diamond sticker as well? :laughing-rolling:
Far cough :D

[youtube:p8uzvtkd]gb_qHP7VaZE[/youtube:p8uzvtkd]

Just a final update from me on the funds side. A few folk slipped in the end and added to the coffers, so final tally is £405.

List of contributers:
Bat21
Gary Stockton
Cossack
Jon Wildsmith
Rob
Ben
Gav Peter
Derek J
Ian Rubie
Chris
Andrew Prince
warrenpfo
Julian
Adrianr
piers_finlayson
TonyP
Andrew Brierley
Charlie
Ryan Thomson
Zeusv8
nivapilot
Andy
silvercruiser
Paul
AndyCook
Munster
Lorin
Hans
MikeA
euangeraghty
phil the brewer
revs4x4
Karl Webster
Olazz

Last edited:
That's all very well Tony but I still don't know who bought Lil' Blue :eek:

Patience my young padwan, all will be reavealed soon'ish:rolleyes:

Thanks folks for the donations! Watch this space for another announcement ;)

Crispin - thanks for all the hard work, boet - looking really good!!

Well done!!

:cool:

Back