Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Uprated cvs or genuine

I found the front running wide (understeer)

I drove my 95 for a while with the front prop off and centre diff locked (pinion bearing problem). Having had lots of rwd cars and being used to how they handle and react to the throttle, I thought the 95 would be similar. Wrong as I soon learnt on the country lanes, big understeer, especially bad on any slippy stuff.

I drove my 95 for a while with the front prop off and centre diff locked (pinion bearing problem). Having had lots of rwd cars and being used to how they handle and react to the throttle, I thought the 95 would be similar. Wrong as I soon learnt on the country lanes, big understeer, especially bad on any slippy stuff.

Yes, again gravity at work here, the additional weight of an off road vehicle changes how the vehicle would handle. If you drove a lot of off road vehicles with only RWD you would have known what to expect and adjusted accordingly.

I used to drive HGV's and driving empty into a depot and coming out with an extra 20 ton on board soon had you respecting vehicle limits

Once you drive a vehicle long enough you soon learn its limits and drive within them..........well unless you see me off road in the 80, no limits, well not yet anyway. :icon-biggrin:

Regards

Dave

Yes, I know how an HGV feels with a load on or off, but the 95 weighs less than some rwd cars that I've driven. It's just that the design is set up to be stable with 4x4 drive.

No brainer if Chris says genuine it's genuine.

Always ask for a discount from Mr T. I've never had to pay full price. It appears their parts staff have some leeway as they've never had to leave the phone for permission.

I recently got some SKF brand CV's and fitted them .....seem to be very good quality as you would expect from one of the premium bearing manufactures . They were £150 from a French auto parts /4x4 store but that was a Ebay auction and I have no idea on retail or UK supply

I’ve not experienced part time or fron propless driving in CDL, but I would imagine it to have a bad effect on handling, as Chris remarked “horrible”.

I wonder why to risk compromising the OEM handling of an 80 as Mr T intended, notwithstanding that part time was available as a factory fit.

80’s handling always impresses me considering their weight. Further, like mine, many have been lifted and accessories added, so all the things compromising handling have been increased.

In my case at least 3.2 tones and circa 6” suspension lift hardly shows, it drives beautifully for me...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back