Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted 1kz-te 3" dump pipe

Shayne

Guru
I'm hoping someone in the UK bought one and never got around to fitting it , but if not does anyone know where i might get one in the UK ?

Shayne, I presume you mean Down pipe, right?

Yes Beau 100+ mph popped my new zorst first weld after the down pipe . I have read a fair few comments about how difficult the down pipe is to remove , including "the gearbox must be dropped to get to it" but i've just removed my cooler and heatshields and i reckon i can get it off :handgestures-finge: , if i can i think i will take the truck back to prospeed remove it again and see what they can sort out .

I reckon you should take it back to them (don't tell them how fast you were going) and get them to repair the weld... I've read that for a good aftermarket system they should install a flexi exhaust joint to handle any flexing from the engine. I notice that Landcruisers don't have them but some surfs and Hiluxs had them them...hmm

And regarding taking off the Down Pipe, it is possible, but it is very tight.

I'm sure Charlie at prospeed will fix it no questions asked all his work is guaranteed for life but as happy as i am with the improvement the new exhaust brought about the break tells me it could be better , so the question is shall i go for a free fix or get a 3" dump pipe from Oz - theres one on ebay now for approx just over 200 delivered though the Gov will prob add an import fee .

I tried but didn't get it off , gotta drive my father in law to the hospital first thing so it was a half hearted attempt really knowing everything removed would have to be replaced before it got dark .

I might still have an extra (used) Beaudesert dump pipe in the shed. Fast Shipping from Oz might be a bit expensive though. Or my missus is making a trip over for Easter...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Fridayman i will speak to Charlie at prospeed tomorrow and see what he suggests first but its likely i will get back to you :thumbup:

Booked the truck in for Thursday morning and won't know for sure until it's been seen but Charlie seems confident he can fabricate and replace the down/dump pipe himself , he also mentioned a flexi joint so wait and see i guess .

1KZ-TE 3" dump pipe soon to be available mail order in the UK :icon-biggrin:

There was lot of interest at the time so he made a jig , but nobody called so the jig got scrapped . Any custom exhaust shop can make one . If you could give them a gasket to use as a template to make the flange i imagine it would save them a lot of work on the day .

When you say dump pipe, do you mean a waste gate dump pipe? Or exhaust down pipe Shayne?

OK looks like the down pipe.....might have to get a old one and gets a 3" one fabricated

Back