Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Welcome back

Looks good, much more refreshing and easy to navigate. My only problem right now is that I'm having to reply using my macbook as on iPad with safari there is no text box visible on the forms used to reply.

:)

I'm using safari on my iPad with no worries... Can't easily find unread posts though, any ideas?

Still looking around though...

And here is one of the other super features - multi-quote. Highlight text, click Quote+ and when you come to typing, you can insert all the quotes you "copied". So much easier to reply to large threads.

Thanks for the replies guys. Glad the overall feeling is good. Interesting to hear that it's quicker too. :)

Looks good so far Crispin. Be nice if it were a bit wider on the screen. But let's get stuck in and have a go. I like the sound of drag n drop photos
Can you send me a screenshot please and what your resolution is. http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/ Personally I want it a bit wider *sniggers* but I have silly-large monitor so always mindful of what other people see.

Looks good, much more refreshing and easy to navigate. My only problem right now is that I'm having to reply using my macbook as on iPad with safari there is no text box visible on the forms used to reply.

:)
Could you send (email or upload) a screenshot please. That should not be the case.

I'm trying tappytalk and frankly I'm lost.
See there about tapatalk. http://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/tapatalk-upgrade.144499/#post-1408288

PMs are now called 'Conversations' right?
Yup.

Particularly interested in the loading speed of the threads that are heavy with uploaded (not linked) pictures - for example Ben's thread loads fine, others can be painful to the point I stopped visiting them.
Ed, let's keep in touch about this. Ben's thread (has to be the biggest in history :) ) is a good tester for me. It is very image-heavy which is a good tester for me. I've got a new service running which should make things speed up for you. Could you PM (conversation me? Sounds wrong) an example of a very slow one you notice. I can use that as a benchmark to tweak the goodness.

One for the list, add the smilies back, very limited set at the moment
If you're smiling you're not working. Get back to work. Yes, the smilies will be updated. I know there are a bunch missing.

however, tapatalk seems to not like the new site very much, is that something which might get fixed ?
See reply to Chris further up about Tapatalk.

Much much faster here. I only have 1.6 mbs but works well.
Glad to hear that.

I think the box I'm typing in needs a headline.
? Not sure I follow.

I'm using safari on my iPad with no worries... Can't easily find unread posts though, any ideas?

I agree with you there - I don't think it's as obvious as the old one was. There are a ton of features to fiddle with so will find something that works for most.

Forums gone from my not so smart TV i can find the site but won't let me in at all . Tried to get access through finding specific forum posts on the web and forum pics on google images but all are dead links ?

Looking good so far, congrats Crispin on a smooth transition to the new site.

It'll take a little while to get used to but I'm liking it so far

Forums gone from my not so smart TV i can find the site but won't let me in at all .
What have we become - the TV won't show the internet any more :) (I too use the smart TV for all things internet - it's great!)
I'll fix that. There is something dodge hiding with some stuff. Looking into it now.

Tried to get access through finding specific forum posts on the web and forum pics on google images but all are dead links ?
Yes, I am fixing up the redirect now. Should not be long.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ed, let's keep in touch about this. Ben's thread (has to be the biggest in history :) ) is a good tester for me. It is very image-heavy which is a good tester for me. I've got a new service running which should make things speed up for you. Could you PM (conversation me? Sounds wrong) an example of a very slow one you notice. I can use that as a benchmark to tweak the goodness.

They all seem better (Clive's excursions was one, as was Oding's restoration thread - I think both of those used the upload function rather than a URL for the image.

I'll keep an eye on it, and let you know if there are any problems.

Crispin, thank's for all your hard work, thing's like this are an absolute mare, site look's great I have just one problem, when browsing a thread the screen starts flashing after a few minutes and I have to go back to the home page to make it stop, it might just be that everything needs time to settle but you know how impatient people can be!

Still looking around though...

So, on iPad 3 with Safari (MD367B/A on iOS 9.3.1) the ability to reply definitely does not work. On the iPad mini and iPhone 6 Safari, it does work (and across devices ...cool).

Crispin, I'm on a 27" screen so it's not really likely to fill that and retain any kind of aspect ratio. It's sort of like a band down the middle with the same again at the sides. I don't think it's a fault, it just doesn't fill the screen

Not managed to attach a picture yet

just one problem, when browsing a thread the screen starts flashing after a few minutes and I have to go back to the home page to make it stop, it might just be that everything needs time to settle but you know how impatient people can be!
Odd, What are you using? A computer or tablet?

So, on iPad 3 with Safari (MD367B/A on iOS 9.3.1) the ability to reply definitely does not work. On the iPad mini and iPhone 6 Safari, it does work (and across devices ...cool).
Ok, will look at it. I might PM you with some tests.

Crispin, I'm on a 27" screen so it's not really likely to fill that and retain any kind of aspect ratio. It's sort of like a band down the middle with the same again at the sides. I don't think it's a fault, it just doesn't fill the screen

Not managed to attach a picture yet
Not filling the screen is by design. It's a smaller portion which makes it look better on non-tv-like screens like you and I have. I will experiment with making it wider and see if that affects it. The reason is for the phone/tablet use. It shifts accordingly. Will look into it.

Why not added a picture? Not tried or can't? There is a difference between this and the old with pics. I will put a stickie up about it.

Thanks Crispin. Yes I tried and it just wanted a URL well that's not drag and drop is it.

Hopefully with this new layout people might realise that in order to reply you don't have to

QUOTE THE WHOLE DAMN PREVIOUS MESSAGE

I like the look and feel of the new forum and the functionality seems better.

Out of interest, I tried accessing the site via Windows (8.1) phone and got an advert for a law firm in Los Angeles offering to handle my personal injury claims!

Hi, I'm using a Microsoft Surface RT.

Hi Crispin, I would upload a picture but I can't as I can't find the old facility to navigate to a folder on my device. I can only see where you paste a url. In case it helps, the grey bar with the text manipulation tools etc and the text box are missing, only the form buttons are visible.

Thanks Crispin. Yes I tried and it just wanted a URL well that's not drag and drop is it.

Hopefully with this new layout people might realise that in order to reply you don't have to
I really wanted to quote the whole message there :)

Yes, so annoyingly the little image button that you pressed is to link and image - not upload one like you were thinking it would. To actually add your own image you can click the button below - Upload an image - or drag the image into where you type. If you try it and it would could put the write-up of what and how you did it so others can see.

Out of interest, I tried accessing the site via Windows (8.1) phone and got an advert for a law firm in Los Angeles offering to handle my personal injury claims!
The adverts are contextual - it's like then you see them for the Thai brides. I have no idea why I see those.... :oops:
Sometimes though they do take a while to build up a profile of you and you get weird ones like that. Humorously I am looking at one saying "Click here to buy red diesel cheaper". On a Land Cruiser forum :) Mr HMRC - look away.

Hi, I'm using a Microsoft Surface RT.
Thanks. I have a guy at work who has one, I'll ask him to have a look. I did not know Microsoft sold two of them :p

I agree with you there - I don't think it's as obvious as the old one was. There are a ton of features to fiddle with so will find something that works for most.
wow - very different
good work!! thanks

I normally use tapatalk to access the site - but the link via tapatalk is broken - do we need to do something to get it working again ?
before when I signed I would see a page with unread posts as a link on the tool bar at top, now I have to search for it I don't see that as an improvement, can that unread posts link be re-instated?

@Chas There is a "NEW POSTS" link at the top of each page which should be showing you all the unread posts you have. I have it on my list of things to look at.

I like the new look and great effort to make it happen. Nice work Crispin

20160408_200609.jpg
Ive also easily managed to upload a random pic quite easily :)

I was worried Chas because my habit is to just browse latest activity , and if i can't get on the forum for a day or 2 i could just go back until i recognized old posts . But then i found the recent posts link in small letters at the right of the new posts screen .

Back