Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

what are you watching

Is there anybody out there who speaks English?

Hello?

Maybe I should get out more, or rather stay in more.

Apart from the 80 odd channels of garbage on our TV, the only thing that occasionally tempts me to raise my eyes to TV height is re-runs of CIS or Elementary...

For obvious reasons, I can't admit to being very excited by either. Sadly Romania's not a good place for the Televizor...

One thing i do miss about tv is House , which is a stupid name for a medical drama . I was quite pleased with myself when i worked out she had rabies before Dr House did :laughing-rolling:

One thing i do miss about tv is House , which is a stupid name for a medical drama . I was quite pleased with myself when i worked out she had rabies before Dr House did :laughing-rolling:

We get re-runs of house too... I can enjoy them if I haven't seen them before...

Is there anybody out there who speaks English?

Hello?

Maybe I should get out more, or rather stay in more.

Apart from the 80 odd channels of garbage on our TV, the only thing that occasionally tempts me to raise my eyes to TV height is re-runs of CIS or Elementary...

For obvious reasons, I can't admit to being very excited by either. Sadly Romania's not a good place for the Televizor...

You might like to try entering the words 'tv' and 'expat' into g00gle to see what comes up ...

Might give that a go Reinhard, cheers.

TBH I always vowed that as far as home appliances go, given the choice, I'd opt for a dishwasher in favour of a TV, I hate washing up!

We had our house for 5 years with no TV and we were quite happy without it. Then my ma-in-law came to stay for 3 weeks one Christmas...

I don't think it's been switched off since, the damn thing drives me nuts!

Last edited:
OK so had a look at Plex, but it seems just to be something that allows you to watch media. I can do that now. I just use VLC on my devices and that plays anything. I'm talking about getting NEW media. How does Plex work in relation to say watching a new episode of Walking Dead or The Grand Tour?

I currently use a magnetic link to the programme and download it in a minute or two with UTorrent, then drop it onto my device or play it straight away on the big screen. I don't need wifi or internet or anything to share it.

Maybe this should be another thread.
Try an Amazon firestick and load Kodi onto it, you can get any box set, any TV channel, and tons of films all free, I love mine its epic.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
But I get all of that now without a stick. I just download the torrents. I just don't understand why anyone would pay for it. You have to buy the Firestick in the first place. EZTV is all free, so is Limetorrents. Ok so I don't make a contribution to the makers, but in truth I normally only download stuff that's free to air somewhere in the world. I can download films but generally I like to stay on the right side.

Is there anyone out there who understands what I'm saying here? Torrents - free? Not you Clive, obviously.

But I get all of that now without a stick. I just download the torrents. I just don't understand why anyone would pay for it. You have to buy the Firestick in the first place. EZTV is all free, so is Limetorrents. Ok so I don't make a contribution to the makers, but in truth I normally only download stuff that's free to air somewhere in the world. I can download films but generally I like to stay on the right side.

Is there anyone out there who understands what I'm saying here? Torrents - free? Not you Clive, obviously.
I get it Chris, only reason I have a firestick is I have an Amazon prime account which I share with a friend, and he has a Netflix account which I share, so half price win win for me.

what an epic list of content, there is lots on there that I already know - and that just means the rest of it would be pretty awesome too!

KB I only listed the stuff that's current. Some of the shows people listed is like, well, old and finished. I think some people are just discovering things that are probably available in the bargain bin of Tesco as a full boxed set. I've had conversations about TWD where people have said "Hey what about that prison, pretty good place to hole up, eh?"

I'm like errm dude what series are you watching?

the wire... battlestar galactica... the prisoner.. maybe I'm not old enough for that one :)

Sorry should have said Spoiler Alert, the prison gets blown up by a tank and Hershal gets his head chopped off by the Govenor

Sorry.

I only watch Stephen Poliakoff and he's not on often. Once on breakfast for 5 mins a few years back.

Watched a bit of Green Wing on All4 (adverts..grr) yesterday, still makes me laugh.

Green Wing was truly ground breaking comedy. First season was one of the funniest things I've ever watched.

I'll have know I was downloading from napster when my BT phone line connection used to take about 25 minutes for a 2.5 MB file, when you were still in shorts young Chris. That was followed by limewire and goodness only knows.

Can't be bothered these days TBH

I can assure you I was long out of short trousers when Napster was around Clive. I can remember dial up though. Man that was so slow. Pages used to take ages to load.

I can assure you I was long out of short trousers when Napster was around Clive. I can remember dial up though. Man that was so slow. Pages used to take ages to load.

:lol: Painful, and it always got to 98% and stopped... :angry-screaming:

Anybody got a copy of "Riding the Stack"? It was a description of how powerful and terrifying it was to take off in a Saturn 5 rocket. There was in rocket video which I could hardly watch. The rocket burned 24 tons of fuel a second and put out 8,000,000 lbs thrust. 35 storeys high.

Back