Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which axle have I bought ?

Matt Richards

Hi, wondered if anyone could identify the axle I've just bought off a chap on Devon 4x4.

It was advertised as an 80 series rear axle but is approx 5" too long !!! .....

It looks very similar with rear electric locker wiring, ABS sensors, hand brake pads inside drum within disc etc ????

Hi Julian,

Yes, it is a rear axle, are they definately 4 to 5" wider as I want to re advertise it ???

Jon is the man on this, but from everything I have read, yes the 100 axle is about 4 inches wider

Thanks Julian,

Hopefully Jon will confirm and then I'll have a '100 series' rear axle for sale if anyone wants one :roll:

How many studs have the hubs got? 100 series is 5 stud.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There's a cracking 80 axle on ebay at the moment. Only hours left on it though. Full history, complete, ready to go back onto an 80.....

Wonder who's selling that then :whistle:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT

Didn't put it in classified as I didn't know anyone was after an axle.

Chris

Can you make the seller take it back as it's obviously not for an 80, too big and not enough studs! Otherwise, you may need to work out if it's off a petrol or diesel, they had different diff ratios until they both got the 5 speed auto box - 4.1 for the diesel and 4.3 for the petrol then they both went to 4.1. Turn the diff pinion and count how many times you turn it to make a hub go round once :)

Hi Jon,

The seller isn't answering his phone or replying to emails, i've been done like a kipper :evil:

Thanks for the ratio info, I'll have to remove the callipers to turn the pinion as the pads are 'stuck' to the discs, i'll keep you posted.

Out of interest what sort of money do these fetch ?

Matt Richards said:
'Kerching' good because it's worth lots more money than an 80 series axle :roll:
Sorry, kerching as in you know what it is... :oops:

I guessed as much :D

I'm now the winner of an actual 80 series axle as well :clap:

Just need to get it from up North to down South without getting a nose bleed !

No idea on the money Matt, they're not something that comes up very often. Fronts are popular but rears ... who was the seller?

A guy called Chris who advertised it on Devon 4x4, he is based down in Devon somewhere.

I've just bought Chris's axle, I know my existing discs are too small (I've got an early axle on a '94 Cruiser installed by the previous owner to fit 15" wheels) but will my calipers fit as I can't see any reference to different sizes for the different years ???

calipers are the same size i think, its just the backing plates that differ. Have you damaged your existing back axle?

Thanks Callum,

No, it's perfect.

Being the earlier axle it doesn't have ABS fitted (which the Cruiser does) so I have to 'wing' it through the MOT each year and it's about time I got legal :cool:

Back