Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who had windows tinted ?

All black, except windscreen... Tinted 80% opacity 100% outlaw

Screenshot_20190813_234736_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20190813_234638_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Plenty of 100% illegal tints here, along with many other mods.

If the police wanted to, they could instantly cancel my registration on at least 5 counts, bull bar, suspension lift, auxiliary lighting, modified legally required lights, and modified wheels/tyres.

Hey-Ho
The thing is Clive, the UK plod have the tool to check the tint and if they spot a tinted truck they pull you to check. Certain areas have more tinted vehicles and richer pickings so more plod with tint check gadgets. As KB has said, London is probably a good harvesting ground. A nice easy Nick for someone rather than spending all that valuable time catching burglars only to see them let out again.

The thing is Clive, the UK plod have the tool to check the tint and if they spot a tinted truck they pull you to check. Certain areas have more tinted vehicles and richer pickings so more plod with tint check gadgets. As KB has said, London is probably a good harvesting ground. A nice easy Nick for someone rather than spending all that valuable time catching burglars only to see them let out again.

Here it’s almost comical Rich, at Christmas time, they’re out in force here, clearly only to boost revenue, nobody’s interested in safety or roadworthiness, just bookings.

This could be a solution if you have as I would expect deep pockets.

This could be a solution if you have as I would expect deep pockets.

Nope because its another one of those unneccesary electronic luxuries that is bound to fail rendering your car undriveable and unfixable , mind you i dont suppose it matters if you add another such thing to any new car .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
110DC0FA-DBD3-4BDF-83E8-670FDC1616F5.jpeg
I had mine done in 2005. I was advised if you have limo glass in the back you won’t see out if it’s raining so I went 1 down from that. I had the front sides tinted very lightly and got pulled in 2015. Had to peel the film off at the side of the road otherwise it wasn’t legal to drive it as it had a prohibition notice applied then would have had to be taken and re measured to have the notice removed- on the back of a truck. Hence I pulled it off at the side of the road and had the all clear notice issued at the same time.

Edit, the front windows are already factory tinted as dark as legally possible.
I had smash and grab fitted with a 30% tint it looks awesome and gives the cruiser a different look

I've got very dark tint on the rear side windows and the rear window. You can't see in from the outside and they remove glare in the back. The only downside is that if it is dull / dark, they are quite difficult to see through and you have to rely on your door mirrors.

20170408_135241.jpg
20170408_135335.jpg

Quite a dark tint from the outside but you can still see out ok ...

Thats cool Jon and pretty much what i had in mind as an alternative to saying just make em black :thumbup:

The black tint looks very dark from the outside but does not affect visibility when driving.

860AB602-6726-4B74-9B44-84D33616E973.jpeg C77454AA-47DE-406D-AC7A-C8B867B62342.jpeg

Can someone suggest me a good site where I can customize and buy the car shapes at a low price? Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Went for mirror on the rear and back doors.

Attachments

• IMG_5679.jpeg
    IMG_5679.jpeg
    518.1 KB · Views: 16
Well, if you want to find customizable car shades, I suggest checking https://snapshades.com/. They offer a wide range of shades for different car models, so I bet you will find something suitable for you. Remember that customization will cost you additional money. However, when I ordered car shades from them, the price for the customized shade was only 10% higher. They also have great customer service to help you.

Last edited:
Back in the day I (c. 1976) had a 'Humber Sceptre Estate' - the upmarket version of the Hillman Hunter with the 1725cc four cylinder petrol motor and O/D on 3rd & 4th.

It was the biggest pile of sh1t I have ever owned BUT - it had 'sundym glass' that went dark in sunlight. With its deep red paintwork, satin chrome fittings and dark windows it looked fantastic (pity about the rest of it).

Is 'Sundym' photochromic glass still available - I haven't noticed it anywhere??

Bob.

You can buy photochromic window tint Bob .

I overthunk tinting for a while and wasted some sleepless nights investigating .

Old Toyota's have a factory greenish tint which appears darker when you reduce the amount of light in the car by darkening rear windows .

Hence i've been meaning to buy this stuff https://www.amazon.co.uk/BLACKGLASS-IX-Vehicles-Installation-Instructions/dp/B071HWL1DF for i don't know how long just because i seen an impressive vid of it somewhere somehow when life was good . ABBA was number one i think and i'd just lost my first tooth :lol:

Bought mine and it was already tinted. Here in Cyprus the MOT includes a camera and before the MOT can start, the tester positions the car in the bay, opens both front doors and winds the windows half way down. The system takes a photo that goes on record. They are recording the front tints AND coz we have a lot of boy racers and dubious car moddifiers, it checks that wheels/tyres are fully covered by wheel arches - extended ones are allowed on 4x4's.

As an aside, a lot of kids here seem to like 2 dor Pajero's that they lower, fit wide wheels with ultra low profile tyres.....go figure??

Attachments

• BFT first drive-2.JPG
    BFT first drive-2.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 13
Back