Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

He ciggy lighter is a good “live”, just be sure to fuse the ARB separately with the right size fuse.

Wot’s a turbo, Nick? Something you wear on your head?

Air filter
Cabin filter
Fuel filter
Grease prop shafts
Change some interior bulbs to LED
Fit emergency hammer/seatbelt cutter

Well, it turns on and off. Just waiting for the air hose and blow gun thing to turn up so I can test it out. Big thanks to @Rosy for coming round and helping.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not so much maintenance but lots of swearing and head scratching. Finally got round to adapting the original storage area I made. Lots of finishing to do but it kind of works so far.
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG

Guys Axle serviced today something easily forgotten with time.

Front was bad will have to change again in a week or so. Rear ok and the gearbox rear end swival shaft changed also.

41B8DDF6-9AA5-49B1-9A32-0ED6B7A77634.jpeg 107EE6DB-A97C-45EB-84D8-35171E807290.jpeg

Guys last few weeks noticed a noise coming from the engine pulleys & having a better check it appeared the small pulley next to the a/c condesor was the issue.

Pretty simple fix with a new bearing and back to its best again.

E4BF3C78-13E5-4CA2-96A2-58227F6C4DC8.jpeg 72663077-0D9B-494D-A6A3-1342DAE06199.jpeg

I've had to replace a couple of those. It's a cheap little bearing and spinning from the day it left the factory. So 20 years later it's not a surprise really. One went when my Missus borrowed the Cruiser to go to Cornwall one weekend. It just disintegrated. She listened over the phone and managed to get the AC belt off over the fan!!. I told her to just cut it. Nope, she did it the right way and carried on.

I've had to replace a couple of those. It's a cheap little bearing and spinning from the day it left the factory. So 20 years later it's not a surprise really. One went when my Missus borrowed the Cruiser to go to Cornwall one weekend. It just disintegrated. She listened over the phone and managed to get the AC belt off over the fan!!. I told her to just cut it. Nope, she did it the right way and carried on.

Yes Chris this must be the only one left I’ve not changed until now.

Your missus is awesome to have done such a job... most don’t even know how to open the bonnet / hood :clap:

Quick question for the electrically minded. I'm crap at saving for a roof rack and have bought an arb compressor. I need to find an active dash light supply wire. The closest thing that lights up to where the switch is going in the centre console is one of the seat heater switches. Please watch the following video and tell me if I've found one.
Ps. All the other connectors in that block make the thing beep when lights are on or off.
View attachment 139784 View attachment 139785 View attachment 139786
missed this nick and sure you've sorted it by now. your meter is different to mine but it looks like yours is set to ohms, this tests for resistance, it can be used for testing components, the resistance values can be found in the fsm. another use is for finding a "good" earth, this would be about 0.5 ohms.

the beep function that you are using is for testing continuity. a circuit or loop basically. this is good for tracing where a wire goes to, finding a earth or testing to see if a house hold plug fuse is good etc.
to find a 12v feed as you were trying to do, turn your meter to 12v dc then put the negative probe on a good earth, then the positive on the connector you wanted to test, in your case when you turned the side lights on you would get about 12v showing on your meter when you touched the right connector, I say about 12 because in can be 11 to nearly 13 ime.

it should be the green wire btw. most green wires on the 80 are for "illumination" there fused at the tail light fuse iirc. white/black are earth, grays can be a live, red/ yellow normally a signal wire, sender unit for example, but never take that for granted, use your meter if not sure. use the factory fsm simplified wiring diagrams, it will tell you what each wire was coming out of your heated seat switch.

Thanks CG. Wired it all in now. Just need to.figure out where to put it. It' going behind the rear seats for the time being. Next is to Figure out how to get air to my rear bumper. Seeing as I have an outlet on it :)

Sun roof drains unblocked after a soggy N/S footwell and ball joint boots replaced who knows how long they were torn for no MOT to check these thing here in Zimbabwe but the ball joints were fine. A good clean new boots and good to go. Just got to find some time to get off road...

Oh I nearly forgot...

I fixed the annoying self opening centre console lid. So much better now..

Back