Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Gave the 80 a much needed clean up.

It's better then it was but needs a few hours with the machine polisher, scratches and swirls all over, plus some new dents!!
20200411_165755.jpg

20200411_165810.jpg

20200411_165909.jpg

Found a missing headlamp washer too, not a clue when that disappeared!!

Did the beemer too the other week while I was off work.
20200327_164814.jpg

Got round to doing some jobs on the 24v... Rear Lower control arm bushes, New Hand Brake shoes and rear Pads, Front sway bar bushes, Tweaked front wheel Bearings, ........ Swapped out a new Battery..... Damn this Corona Virus! costing me a Packet

I have really reached a steady state lately with this '77 Landcruiser.....however the back door latch keeps slipping so I might need to work on that. I have taken off the rear door panel to try to adjust the mechanism there but over time it comes apart inside......it seems to stay together by friction and tension on the spring.....but over time slips appart….

replaced a leaking oil seal on the transfer box - front prop one.
took 2 hours, no problems along they way - my impact wrench made easy work of removing the bit flange nut.
biggest hassle was removing the underbody protection plate and front prop.
put in new seal and new gear oil.

I need to do that too. I have moderate seepage from my transfer case. I went after my parking brake once and I should have kept going and changed it then. Still never got the parking brake quite right.....I put new shoes in it but the adjustment is still not quite there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A small job that I've been meaning to do for a while, bought 2 Anderson plugs on th'internet. One going in the front bumper beside the number plate, the other is on my heavy duty jump leads. Just have to connect it up.
IMG_20200422_122909.jpg

I've been very busy since the lockdown.
I've fitted an in line transmission cooler to work in conjunction with the radiator and autobox.
Stripped down the front end and gave it all a good clean out.
Stripped out the front consul and centre consul and resprayed it.
Took both front seats out and cleaned them and the floor beneath.
Removed and moved the anti theft transponder box sdo that I could reinstall the drivers side hot/cold air pipe that has been missing since I bought the car.
Cleaned and regreased all the propshafts.
Replaced the rear pinion seal on the rear axle (earning myself a new facial scar and a trip to a medic walk in centre in the process)
Changed all the fluids.
I am now sorting out the rear end after starting to replace a buggered fog lamp that has escalated into removing the rear bumper and just sorting out a little rust........
I've also done a few other bits and bobs earlier in the year, such as rebuilding all the brake calipers......
Onward and upward.

Found an old A bar, Brackets didn't line up with the 24v bumper so i cut the Bottom half off and welded it straight to the Bumper... Job's a good 'un' things you do when your Bored 'eh'..... Also the little white plastic thingy (photo) Has always spewed out oil, Found it had a hair line crack, So repaired it, And cut the soft ends off the pipes, The result is a noticeable difference in power and response.. No idea what it does, But obviously something... :thumbup:
DSCF9959.JPG
DSCF9962.JPG

Its a rats nest of those Tiny pipes going everywhere..The bottom pipe from the plastic thingy goes to the Turbo... I think they are all EGR, Turbo related.. Soooo! im guessing its Turbo related..... Certainly has made a difference.. Someone with a brain will know ?

Unplug the parking sensors as been playing up for a year

Its a rats nest of those Tiny pipes going everywhere..The bottom pipe from the plastic thingy goes to the Turbo... I think they are all EGR, Turbo related.. Soooo! im guessing its Turbo related..... Certainly has made a difference.. Someone with a brain will know ?
Don't ask me then.

Thanks Shayne, i knew someone with a Brain would be along.....

Back