Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Raining, so doing body maintenance today (mine) with Mr Motivator on tv, now Heart Club gym closed

Stripped out the other side today in prep for Roughtrax delivery tomorrow. You won't believe it, but the other spring is broken too.

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 13.27.55.jpg

It looks like the tail of the spring is sitting in the perch. It's not. Here's the other side ... It's not. I have heard on HPOC that this is common. Really, spring failures on a Toyota. Disgraceful really.

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 13.27.41.jpg

It is Disgraceful.... My old hilux 2002 Loved eating front Shocks, And rear axle seals for some reason...... It was the 2.5 d4d only 102 HP.. I think they improved things with the later MK 6 3.0.... (i hope)

Well this is a Mk7. So clearly not then ..

I'm 250k miles on my stock 90 series springs and it spent a good 15 years through the british winters. That failure looks like there's more to it than just corrosion...

Stripped out the other side today in prep for Roughtrax delivery tomorrow. You won't believe it, but the other spring is broken too.

View attachment 165290

It looks like the tail of the spring is sitting in the perch. It's not. Here's the other side ... It's not. I have heard on HPOC that this is common. Really, spring failures on a Toyota. Disgraceful really.

View attachment 165291
My uncle had a 09 plate hilux, that broke a spring, they only used to be available from toyota at £300 a piece! Keep up the good work, its better than watching emmerdale don't forget.

We used to fit quite a few coil springs, wonder if Toyota use the same cheap materials now!!

I sat mine flat on the side of a 4" grinder disk to make it 5mm shorter removing the bevel .
My only lathe is my electric drill so I think i'll be doing the same. Thanks for the tips regarding this guys.

Finally got round to changing the rear upper control arm bushes. Many thanks, once again, to Andy Lomas for providing a spare pair of arms to refurb with new bushes which made the swap out a lot quicker on the day. According to the FSM the bolts should be installed from the outside in but I couldn’t get the front LHS bolt back in that way due to the load sensing valve being in the way (one of the the bracket bolts rounded off) despite getting it out! so that bolt went in from the inside. Can't see what difference it makes to be honest but if someone knows of a reason shout up.

32E1C871-1F13-4290-A392-217591105611.jpeg
32E1C871-1F13-4290-A392-217591105611.jpeg

Iv recently done my Lowers Towpack and the rear bolts dont come out unless you remove the shocks. so i just put the bolts back in the other way round so no need to remove shocks the next time... Lord knows what difference it makes... None me thinks

Iv recently done my Lowers Towpack and the rear bolts dont come out unless you remove the shocks. so i just put the bolts back in the other way round so no need to remove shocks the next time... Lord knows what difference it makes... None me thinks
Depends if you are a left or right handed Jap.

TP, there is no way, I say again, no way that those came off your 80. I've seen your 80 and it's the only thing shiner than the sun. Come one, fess up. You've got another one in the shed haven't you.

Yeah those bolts are a pain. Been there.

Back