Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTF Covid.

I would say off the top of my head Frank, too many people still doing as they like, whereby spreading it further, and no proper control over who is coming into the country.

I would say that we have incompetent leadership making poor late decisions, u turn after u turn, late to lockdown, funding covid contracts to party donors who don't make ppe.. failed track and trace where billions of pounds was granted.

To name a few fails... as an island we could have taken some pointers from New Zealand.. Where there's a completely opposite result.

I wouldn't blame the people of the uk, it's the leadership..

Yes as said, no proper control over people who are coming into the country, and there is an onus on people in the UK to accept the the blame and rules in place, not do as they like, while the rest of us lock down and face a losing battle.
It would appear we havn't fully taken control of our borders that Frank has mentioned.

The very first person to suggest closing borders to avoid covid was slagged off by the entire world and is currently enduring an impeachment trial so he can never again sprout his stupid ideas from a platform of power , ideas that everyone who condemned queitly adopted at a later date .

Yup, Trump was straight on closing orders, as such the mass hysterical reaction due to Trump derangement syndrome meant that could never happen here.

Amazing thing Covid, its killed off flu completely, no that's me being a trifle sarky.

My gut feeling is that those in power, and i don't mean our thoroughly incompetent govt who would struggle to run the proverbial piss up, are using the present flu epidemic to bring about massive changes to everything we've ever known and loved about our civilised western way of life, this isn't due to Covid as such, it just happens to be the convenient vehicle that came about at the time and they brought forward their plans.
The desperate need to get rid of Trump, using whatever means possible may have had some bearing on the urgency of the timing of this, had Trump not been denied his second term (the reasons for which you can argue among yourselves) their chance to complete their plans might have been put back by decades, he had to go and now they're desperate for a totalitarian state style show trial to get rid of him permanently.

No doubt i'm a conspiracy theorist, i'd better say that straight off because thats what anyone who doesn't read from and repeat mantra like verse by verse from the correct hymnsheet as instructed 24/7 via the telly is usually accused of or being a closet David Icke...a man ironically proving to be one of the sanest around when you look at the lunatics supposedly in charge now.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Re: travel bans
IIRC the US did impose a travel ban from people arriving from China (they had to quarantine for 14 days iirc) but that was only after numerous (>40) other countries, including Germany had imposed similar a few weeks before. I don't think the UK had any incoming travel bans at that time - though I may be mistaken.

In any case, most of the major spreads in the US i.e. in NYC etc were from cases arriving from European countries not China. This was the same situation in the UK too.

By that time (Feb 2020 on) the Corona cat was very much out of its bag and already doing the rounds globally.

P.S. David Icke - he's the one that believes in lizards ruling the world, isn't he?

Stock markets are at an all time high , massive central bank bailouts have underwritten fundamentally unsound businesses , key workers , whom we applauded last march are still earning shit wages & are dying of Covid at rates far higher than those who can work from home and the BMJ the epitome of measured ,calm analysis calls the Governments response corrupt , and accuses them of opportunistic embezzlement , state corruption on a grand scale . Closing borders would have been the right move as would have cancelling the Cheltenham festival & the Champions League fixtures. But the decision was made to go for heard immunity = fuck em , despite scientific advice to the contrary. After the 2008 crash vast sums of money were printed to prop up the banking system & bailout those who caused the crash the logic being that the alternative was worse. What we call the economy has nothing to do with the finances of us ordinary folks , record share prices & dividends equate to hard working folks going to food banks & paying big rents to landlords who are in fact vulture funds. Shutting down the "economy " for 6 months could have stopped the pandemic in it's tracks but instead they chose profit , not willing to accept even a slowdown in income . The vast sums handed out to banks and failing corporations could have been paid to keep folks at home and safe until the spread slowed. But yes there is a lack of cooperation & civic mindedness . This is a result of 40 years of political parties systematically destroying the idea of a society with collective interests and responsibilities. individual rights come above everything else and putting our basic needs , health , education . transport and housing in the hands of profit seeking parasites was sold as the way to give the best results for all .
Parliamentary politics , in the post war period , used to be about promising a better life for the citizenry , a simple choice between two alternatives who both offered the same deal - work and pay your taxes , tick a box every 4 years and we'll keep you safe and the lights on , pick up the rubbish etc. But capitalism was running out of steam & jobs were shipped aboard and automation killed others so keeping us safe from the bogeyman was the new deal. Hence the Red menace , the war on drugs , the war on terror , the immigrant , the other. It was 99% bullshit , but rammed down the throats of the public as fact by a corporate media owned by billionaires so conspiracy became the common explanation for our ills.
There is no downside to this for our rulers.Incresing spread is blamed on stupid , selfish chavs or conspiracy , the media tows the line and the citizenry are too busy pedalling like fuck to keep the show on the road to stop and think , analyse for one moment what is actually happening .
Governments stopped governing a long time ago. What they do is grease the rails for corporations and suck money out of the population to shovel into the hands of oligarchs , one way or another.
This isn't over , by a long chalk .

Yup, Trump was straight on closing orders, as such the mass hysterical reaction due to Trump derangement syndrome meant that could never happen here.

Amazing thing Covid, its killed off flu completely, no that's me being a trifle sarky.

My gut feeling is that those in power, and i don't mean our thoroughly incompetent govt who would struggle to run the proverbial piss up, are using the present flu epidemic to bring about massive changes to everything we've ever known and loved about our civilised western way of life, this isn't due to Covid as such, it just happens to be the convenient vehicle that came about at the time and they brought forward their plans.
The desperate need to get rid of Trump, using whatever means possible may have had some bearing on the urgency of the timing of this, had Trump not been denied his second term (the reasons for which you can argue among yourselves) their chance to complete their plans might have been put back by decades, he had to go and now they're desperate for a totalitarian state style show trial to get rid of him permanently.

No doubt i'm a conspiracy theorist, i'd better say that straight off because thats what anyone who doesn't read from and repeat mantra like verse by verse from the correct hymnsheet as instructed 24/7 via the telly is usually accused of or being a closet David Icke...a man ironically proving to be one of the sanest around when you look at the lunatics supposedly in charge now.

This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward in a Feb. 7 phone call.

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump told Woodward, according to The Post. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”
The book says Trump was given dire warnings in January about the virus that would lead to a worldwide pandemic in March.“This will be the biggest national security threat you face in your presidency,” national security adviser Robert O’Brien told Trump on Jan. 28, according to the book. “This is going to be the roughest thing you face.”
'Our president wants us here': Dems at impeachment trial show rioters saying they did it for Trump - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
Trump blocked some Chinese nationals from coming into the country in the days after the briefing, but he continued to play down the danger posed by the virus and repeatedly compared it to the flu.
“We only have five people. Hopefully, everything's going to be great,” Trump said Jan. 30. A few days later, he said, “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
Despite the early warning about the virus's deadliness and its ability to be transmitted through the air, Trump continued to hold packed political rallies throughout February and told reporters at the White House on Feb. 27: "This is a flu. This is like a flu."
On March 9, weeks after he told Woodward that the coronavirus was more than five times deadlier than the flu, Trump tweeted: "So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!"
Quotes from Bob Woodwards book on Trump. After a security briefing on Covid Trump insiders sold off stock and shares in anticipation of the comming market crash.The constant denials of reallity and rejection of scientific advice has cost the lives of 100s of thousands of Americans .

No democratic government can hope to survive a pandemic that demands an authoritarian regme response .

Ironically i reckon Churchill might have weathered this storm because of his blunt intelligent rhetoric "i have nothing to offer but blood sweat toil and tears" , people will choose to suffer for the greater good if your straight with them whereas if you blackmail , coerce and force them they are sure to rebel sooner or later by whatever means they can .

Plenty of over strict parents live in regret at the monster they created . Human nature is not so complicated if those in power gave it a moments thought , "save the NHS" was a stroke of genius while it lasted .

I would say that we have incompetent leadership making poor late decisions, u turn after u turn, late to lockdown, funding covid contracts to party donors who don't make ppe.. failed track and trace where billions of pounds was granted.

To name a few fails... as an island we could have taken some pointers from New Zealand.. Where there's a completely opposite result.

I wouldn't blame the people of the uk, it's the leadership..
In balance the leader of the opposition Mr hindsight and let child molesting gangs escape prosecution Starmer or any other government of any colour would have done no better .... you can't please everyone and yet everyone is an "expert" on how or what should have been done ....
The UK is leading all of Europe in the vaccination of it's population .... ..
We should be looking at and to China both for causing the virus and allowing it to spread around the world for months before they had to admit they had lost control ..
China must be held to account .... sadly only Trump and Australia seem to have the balls or the will to do so .

I don’t think the release of COVID 19 or it’s latest spawn COVID 21 is in any way a conspiracy theory, it’s more of a fact. Just look up the policies and history of the Club Of Rome and the World Economic Forum, and it’s there in plain sight. Dream up and release disasters that can only be tackled by a world governance, such as pandemics and Global Warming... the next one will be space alien attacks...

This is not a joke, but it’s all man-made to invoke the agenda.

Trump was the only ‘politician’ I know of who offered any resistance to the NWO. He’s been ousted for this reason, the CCP deleted hundreds of thousands of Trump votes from the voting machines on-line.

The truth will out, and I hope Trump takes office again, otherwise we’re all going under the CCP umbrella, whether we like it or not.

Thats my take on it, thankfully we still have freedom of opinion and speech, but that won’t last long. Censorship and cancel culture is blooming just now, worldwide.

Trump won't be president again but he and nobody else will choose the next "elected" president .

Who knows Shayne, it’s anyone’s guess, there’s lots going on ATM.
Let’s get March 6th behind us, then we’ll see...
maybe.
Whats clear (to me) is Biden doesn’t belong there, and the team he has is a shambles of incompetents. Hey-ho.
Sorry Frank, if I appear to have aided and abetted a thread-Jack, but COVID and recent politics are inseparable IMO.

Back