Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

www.4x4travelshow.co.uk

Outside in the parking lot looked like a Land Rover factory lot. Inside the Landcruisers outnumbered the Land Rover show vehicles by at least 2 to 1 :)

Not a huge show, but was worth the trip up from Surrey. Camper trailers are definitely "the next big thing" with several people displaying their versions of the ultimate camper trailer (including a bare chassis, a couple of rooftent kitted trailers to an reasonable "Aussie" setup from China). Nice to bump into Simon and his missus again too.

Nice meeting you Olazz. I have to say Caron and I had a very enjoyable day at the show. This was our first show of this kind and seeing all the equipment like roof top tent in all there glory was worth the trip up from West Sussex. Here are some photos of the show.

_MDK3347.jpg

WOW :dance: Got to love them.

_MDK3357.jpg

;) 24V 80

_MDK3379.jpg

:dance:

_MDK3385.jpg

:shock:

_MDK3383.jpg

Met Paul from Footloose for the first time.

_MDK3373.jpg

Nice people and nice Cruiser. Looks good in white. :thumbup:

_MDK3370.jpg

I whant one please. :pray:

_MDK3361.jpg

Hope you liked the photos. I loved taking them.

I too had a great time, I thought that there was enough to look at, and plenty of people to talk too.

I know some people may have been expecting a bit more, but it is an indoor show, and the building isn't the NEC, so you just have too adjust your expectations a little. It was only £5 to get in, which is rare these days, and it was only the first time this show has been held, I personally think it went well.

Judging by the number of people in attendance, they certainly got the advertising done well, and having a walk around the car park showed many well prepped overland trucks, as opposed to mud pluggers. So it would appear that the type of people that the show was catering for, were the ones that turned up.

I thought that there was a very good selection of tour companies in attendance, as well as companies that could provide vehicle preperation, navigation advice, all manner of camping / vehicle kit (winches, compressors, recovery gear, tents, off road camp trailers) all of which could be used on any vehicle, regardless of the badge on the grill. A number of the companies in attendance are already well experienced with Toyota vehicles, and have been prepping / maintaining and modifying them for years.

I spoke to MIB Components, as they had sliders for MK6 Hiluxes, and they make a number of protection parts for Toyotas, and are willing to make more and one off's if required. I thought that they were very helpful.

Simon, who did you speak to who were also looking to branch into catering for Toyota's?

As was mentioned, The Overlander meet and especially the RGS Overland Travel Workshop, are the places to go for talks and presentaions covering all aspects of overland travel, the cars only the start! As well as a hand full of stands. I don't think that talks and presentations would have worked at this weekends show, as there were too many people to cater for, and you wouldn't have been able to hear a thing. In my opinion, shows are for stands, and workshops / meets are for talks / presentations.

I met up / bumped into loads of people that I know at the show, as well as a few from here as well (Toby & Louise, Simon & Wife, Julain V), had a lot of good chats getting all the lastest developments and making plans for the coming year.

A stroll round the car park at lunchtime saw a number of nicely prepped Landcruisers, and one very nicley done 80 that was prepped by West Coast 4x4.

I like the comment about Toyotas out numbering the LR's in the show hall! Go back 2 years and you were lucky to see three in a whole show ground.

Nice pic's Marius.

Cheers.

Back