Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Yet another 80

Looks beautiful.

Really looks like a trip to go see it in the flesh.

Gra

I like the 24V auto imports, as I have one, I'm not a fan of the seat material, as it tends to feel damp when its cold, I always had seat covers on the front seats. The autobox/24V engine works well together and is what the UK market should have had. The body on that looks pretty good and usually the underneath is usually tidy too but you will have to see for yourself and make your own mind up. That has the inlet manifold without the EGR valves and less complicated emission contraptions and usually they go pretty well with that set up.
There are a few other peculiarities that imports have like front door speakers, compasses, and lean gauges.
One thing they dont have is diff locks, if it important to you. Most, not all have LSD's in the back axle which work well,every single time you need them but its a case of, is it that important for what you need it for?
Looking at it, being a 98 I think its the best import I have seen for sale including mine which is lower mileage but not as smart. Mine does 25 MPG tank after tank, manuals do get more ( a bit) but are not as relaxing to drive.
Hope this helps Warren.

Andy

I have a forumite on his way as we speak will report later...

And I thought the imports had all 3 diff locks...you live and you learn

Some 12V imports had dif locks but they are rare, I've never seen a 24V import with factory fitted ones, someone may know different though.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well it would seem its as good as it looks. No rush to be found in the usual areas and good underneath. I small week on the back of the transfer box which would seem to come from a sender unit to may just need to be tightened up. The swivel joins are a little bit "wet" but to be expected given its age.

I think somehow i need to take some time out tomorrow to take a look.

How hard a job is it to drop some diff locks into an 80 without?

There use to be someone on the only forum, I cannot remember his name even with meeting him. That had a 24v auto import with ff lockers. So they are about.

Conflicting info in the ad, says it has leather, it doesn't, says it has cruise, doesn't look to me that it does, cruise is operated from a second stalk under the indicators, and is it a 95 or 98 ?

You will either have to put in air lockers or swap the axles. Ok Ok, you can if you are hugely clever, modify the axle like the A-Team and fit electric factory lockers but only if you biz ein genius. Airlockers are the easy way. But not cheap. At least £700 each plus fitting and a compressor. A pair of axles from Garry would be £1000 - but not sure if they come with everything on. Then you'd need to frig the electrics too.

Or, use the money to buy a UK 80.

its not a 98 i think he said it was 96. its a suede seat model. its very tidy and nice to drive aswell. if it was my money i would have walked away with at that money to be fair. its had lots of money spent on it and very clean.
stu

Conflicting info in the ad, says it has leather, it doesn't, says it has cruise, doesn't look to me that it does, cruise is operated from a second stalk under the indicators, and is it a 95 or 98 ?
Probably means suede, cruise can either be either on the steering wheel (Air bag type) or below indicator stalk( non air bag) Colour scheme is more 95 than 98.

Andy

Does look a good buy Warren.

Regarding locking axels £1200 with working lockers front and rear. If I remember right the imports don't have the front loom already in the car but I think the rear loom is in there.

Have you ever seen a late late import 80 Andy? I've never come across one I don't think.

Have you ever seen a late late import 80 Andy? I've never come across one I don't think.

Yep you're right Karl, all the 24V imports I've seen for sale and bought are 95 and 96's. That said I have one on an R plate but I think its a 96 to be fair.

Andy

I think it might be more economical to fit ARB air lockers rather than Toyota ones. Gives you an option. Nice looking truck though and seems a reasonable price.

That does look tidy and honest.

There's a few dinks and scuffs only to be expected really, but the seller has close up photos of them which is a nice touch.

Interesting brown box in the back, just a cubby I suppose, anyone see one like that before?

Back