Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

35's how much lift?

Just put 35" hankook on mine with no lift for on road use at he moment going to go with a 2" lift layer in the month

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 511
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 396
Looking good Duncan, 35's do suit them well.

Be interested to see how you feel about them on d standard diffs. 35 seems to be a borderline size, ok just about on std and just fine on 4.56. With no lift they look huge. I have a 5" lift plus body lift and they look lost!

Chris

I have driven it on these tyres for about 100 miles I am really pleased with the way the truck is on the road no tyre noise I don't feel that I have any gearing issues, may change when I get off road? But on road I can live with this no problem at all, I will be doing a two inch lift next month, don't really want to o more than that as I feel that will compromise on road driving manors, but as always any advice appreciated.

You've nothing in your signature, so I don't know if you have an auto or a manual. At 35 you'll most likely feel a difference in your pocket. Big tyres take more spinning up and more stopping and with the gearing change you get less mpg. Now I have to say that they look big and are probably a true 35" but as I have said so many times before on here, what some tyres claim to be and what they physically measure is different. Yours look to be pretty manly.
2" lift on these is nothing. You aren't really going to be wallowing around on roundabouts. A lift kit isn't just lift, it's enhancement. So with lift comes better stiffness. I think 2" with those and it will look 'boss' as they say. I have 5" lift, 37's and no anti roll bars with a 40mm body lift too. Yeah, it's a bit wobbly. But still fine.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That looks sweet, not even tried mine on tbh. Apart from upgrading stereo I've filled screen wash and put petrol in it!! Nice not having to get spanners out all The time. Polished it a couple of times though.

Be ordering lift kit on Monday and some front axle seals, going to do it all at the same time while it's on the ramp.

Interesting topic.
I have sort of a 2" lift. But I have heavy load springs in the back. So the back is pretty high up most of the time because there is nothing heavy in the back :)
And the front is a bit down because of the heavy ARB bumper and the winch I guess...
Now I run 33"
You see the back of the car is a bit higher than the front.
I was wondering if I could run 35's without changing anything. Also I want my 3 lockers to keep working :)

DSC_0194.jpg

Last edited:
Well I've spoken to pedders today and made an order, got lift kit coming and the 20mm spacers (just incase need a bit more when winch fitted and boot loaded up) they've gotta order it in so will be a couple of weeks till I get it. Got 10% off everything and the kit was already reduced by 10% so not a bad price all in.
Great to deal with and looking forward to my delivery.
Need to get on and clean up the underside to re paint before fit the new stuff.

Well I've spoken to pedders today and made an order, got lift kit coming and the 20mm spacers (just incase need a bit more when winch fitted and boot loaded up) they've gotta order it in so will be a couple of weeks till I get it. Got 10% off everything and the kit was already reduced by 10% so not a bad price all in.
Great to deal with and looking forward to my delivery.
Need to get on and clean up the underside to re paint before fit the new stuff.

sounds good Gary .... don't forget to post pics and stuff so the rest of us can see what it's like

As soon as it arrives I'll get some up.

Hopefully all the bolts etc will come undone, everything looks original under there.

Got a text message to say suspension will be delivered tomorrow :)
Feels like Christmas eve lol. Shame I'll be at work

I have driven it on these tyres for about 100 miles I am really pleased with the way the truck is on the road no tyre noise I don't feel that I have any gearing issues, may change when I get off road? But on road I can live with this no problem at all, I will be doing a two inch lift next month, don't really want to o more than that as I feel that will compromise on road driving manors, but as always any advice appreciated.

Mine has an OME 3" lift with heavier springs. I didn't keep the numbers, so I can't quote the springs exactly, but they were chosen to match the ARB front with winch and ARB rear with carrier.

They've been on the car 5 years now and its just fine. It gives me loads of articulation. Running with 305/70/16 GGAT2s on 10" rims on the road and in all the same sizes BFG Muds offroad.I guess that would be about 33" but not as big as 35". Anyway, a 2" lift will feel good, probably enough space for the tyres (don't know enough to guarantee that) but road manners will not be changed much at all.

It's only when you go high that you really feel it. I imagine Chris does, with 5" plus say 2" more with the body lift, especially with no anti-roll bars, but he's not complaining.

The 80 can roll into some tight curves at speed and still hold on without a skip, you won't be disappointed.

Offroad? Well, the higher the better :whistle: :lol:

2 big parcels sat in the kitchen when got home :) :)
Suspension is here from pedders. Will get some pics up shortly. Quality seems good, the finish seems much better then the stuff used to use on the troopers (Ome, Rancho, rough country).
Not taken long to come considering they didn't have UK stock and got 20% off.

Excellent. Looking forward to that. And pics, remember PICS

Chris

As I said above the Pedders stuff arrived today, seem good quality. I've not actually spent a lot of time under my 80 so was surprised at the weight and size of the springs and shocks (compared to the trooper stuff)
I ordered the lift springs which quote a fitted height of 800mm rear and 790mm front, also ordered a set of 20mm spacers just incase i need that bit extra, got my winch to fit and storage box etc to go in the boot.

20130418_171340.jpg
20130418_195550.jpg

And the reason it's getting lifted, my 35 inch Bfg Mt's that I bought before I had a 80 :icon-biggrin:
IMAG0248.jpg
pic taken before the house extension we've just had done, 2 weeks labouring saved some money so I could spend it on some bits.

All in including shipping was £544, got 20% discount in total so I was happy.

Got the chassis to clean and paint before the shiny bits go on and front axle seals to do (no point covering the new stuff in black paint)

I found this at http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...oad/134564-35-inch-bfg-mt-really-35-tall.html

Re: 35 inch BFG MT really 35" tall?
" I did a lot of research on this topic. Here is what I have found out through that. NO tire is what it says it is. All 35X12.5 tires are less than 35" tall and 12.5

wide. Same thing NO 31X10.5 is 31" tall or 10.5 wide. They all vary some where under that size. They braket tires. a 35" tire is just taller than 33". For instance the

31X10.5 truxxus M/t is like 30.8 inches tall where as the 31X11.5 Mickey Thompson Claw is only 30" tall MAX. I read this in Four Wheeler then did my own

reserach. My 285X75 X-terrains are listed as a 33X11.5 tire but they are actually 32.8X11. It is just a way company bracket there tires. All that to say a 35" listed

tire is anywhere from above 33" up to almost 35". A 33" tire is anywhere from above 31" to almost 33".

You can do your own research but you will see no tire is as tall as advertised you will also see that BFG's tend to be the tallest in their bracket of the major tires. Just thought I would share some facts that I actually know this time."

While doing a few other jobs I tried a couple of my 35's on, apart from a little touch of the front bumper when going lock to lock there's loads of space, can't wait to get it lifted.
Only concern is the wheels are quite a big offset and are just past the arch so hopefully will tuck up, if not will have to change them.

Any pictures?

Another question about the 35" wheels... Is this a problem for the axles? Do they need reinforcement?
The bigger the wheels, the more force that the axle has to endure...
Especially the last parts at the wheels (birfields? or how do you call it?)

Back