Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

35's how much lift?

Couple of pics, didn't fit the full set as just had a little test fit while on the ramp..
20130511_182106.jpg
20130511_153154.jpg

Nearly done with painting the underside so the suspension will be going on soon enough.

These are on mine a true 35" no lift at the moment they are fine on the road but i was going for a two inch lift.
the fronts are the lowest gap and the rear the highest gaps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
IMO you both need a couple of inches all round at the least, or you'll be catching on flex.

Got a pedders lift kit in the garage ready to fit.

Only issue I noticed was they touched the front bumper when going lock to lock. Got some new wheel nuts on the way too as the 35's are on steel rims so different nuts to the alloys.

Rather then starting a new thread, it's all to do with The lift and hoping someone already come across it...

Bump stops...
As advised looking into extending them, as one rear one was buggered and a front one doesn't look great I'm going to replace all 4.
Can find rear ones from Milner but not front, rears will fit the front with minor mods but they're not matched up front, osf is shorter then nsf. If I just fit 2 rear bumpstops to the front (which are longer then stock front) am I likely to see issues with more flex one way then the other up front?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can't see that it would matter too much. The lift will probably cure the bumper catching and how many times are you going to flex to the stops? Even when you do you won't notice the difference unless you run around the car with a measuring tape. Get the lift fitted, get the tyres on and go and enjoy yourself!

Ordered 4 new rear ones, flexed up and going round with a tape measure, yep that's kind of thing I would do tbh lol.
It'll be going into my little workshop next weekend and won't be back out till it's lifted and had a few other bits done.

Pedders kit fitted, more then enough space for the 35's to go under now :icon-biggrin:
20130613_201734.jpg

Will be on stock tyres for a short time while do a few other bits, plus the 35's are at home and the 80 is 5 miles down the road tucked up.

Pedders kit fitted, more then enough space for the 35's to go under now :icon-biggrin:
20130613_201734.jpg

Will be on stock tyres for a short time while do a few other bits, plus the 35's are at home and the 80 is 5 miles down the road tucked up.

Like that Gary :icon-cool:

Cheers Carl, the pedders kit seems good, the ride is a bit firmer then it was but not in a bad way. The missus has commented on the height so I think I'll leave it a couple of weeks till swap the wheels!! I kinda promised not to go too far with this one lol

lol ... just like I said to my missus id' keep this one standard .... lol ..

Gary, Did you end up fitting the 20mm spacers in the end? Have you found you needed Castor correction bushes?

Currently pricing up different suspension upgrades including Pedders, IM and Tough Dog.

Cheers,
Dave.

Haven't fitted the spacers just the springs and shocks, they're there incase need a bit extra. Not had to correct the castor, steering seems ok, font end a little bit more twitchy then before but I think more to do with the springs being a little stiffer. Only notice it on bumpy back roads with foot down lol.

Sorry I will try it again!
This is with the two inch lift kit from Ironman just touches on the back mud flap, seems to be clear everywhere else
image.jpg
How she sits now with the 35" tyres
image.jpg
Quick cross axel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 292
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 259
Looks good, just need to re paint the rims the 35's are on and fit them, got quite a big offset so might be close tucking a wheel up!

Do you still have the anti roll bar fitted? Left mine on as un decided

Left on at present until I try it offroad, I think I will give it a 1" body lift to sort out the slight rub.

Back