Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series with a 2nd gear issue

Hi Jon

Its either another box or a fixed box to get the job sorted.A few people can do them and cost isnt crazy. TBH i have drove alot of trucks with the issue.Just done 3000 miles with one with the issue and like he said you soon get used to it and isnt a big deal. Obviously nicer with a straight forward changing box though.

Karl

You just get used to it and it really does not cause any issues. First popping out of gear is a problem when off roading and should really be fixed but I have learnt to live with that as well by holding it in place. When I finally move out of my flat and have a workbench I will strip it down myself and fix it but until then I am not that bothered.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

This is the bit that would worry me.
[attachment=0:24z834u3]290 bhp.jpg[/attachment:24z834u3]
290 BHP ? really?

Gra.

Attachments

• 290 bhp.jpg
    290 bhp.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 120
Hi guys,

On the 2nd gear issue how much do you think it would cost to repair?

On the BHP point, is it better to give the car a miss due to concerns over this statement?

Jon

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
not sure on the cost of the 2nd gear issue

a few things jump out at me.
i doubt youll get 80-90,000 miles out of mud terrain tyres? all terrains yep, just not sure on muds - happy to be corrected though

youll definitely notice a performance hit with 35 inch tyres over standard unless its had a re gear on the diffs
is 26 mpg realistic with 35s and such a big lift? might be im not too sure though.

15 inch wheels won't fit - they must be 16 inch to clear the discs and calipers. 15's were on the very first 80's only

290 bhp - nope. 190 i could understand - 290 would need some very serious mods to get near i would have thought, not just a pump tweak

it might be worth seeing just does not sound like he knows his cruisers and is "bigging it up" which it really does not need.

looks well in white.

need some serious turbo, pump and inter cooler work to get to 290 IMO. A trick some tuning places use is to put the brakes on during the run down so it seems like there is more drag in the rollers and then the software bumps the power run figure to compensate, or so I was told, so a print out may show silly numbers but be meaningless.

35s on a standard 80 series gets you about 15-18 depending on how i was driving. mine was an auto.

Back