Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

alternator?

Dave 2000 said:
adrianr said:
Clocks: Thats quite a skill you have there Frank!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^X2!
As a kid I decided to take the 'Hunter' left by my late Grandfather to my dad apart........ya know...........just to see how it works? You can guess the rest! regards Dave
Years ago when I bought my first m/bike I was told never dismantle the gearbox, so I did, as you do, :? and put it all back together again and went for a ride, changed up OK 1-2-3 then it wouldn't change down again :shock: luckily it had good brakes.
I had to buy a workshop manual and found the only thing I had done wrong was to fit a cup with a spring inside on the gearchange mechanism in the wrong order, I was quote pleased that that was the only thing I got wrong :thumbup:

I have another "instrument quality" voltmeter in my 80 toolkit and have measured the voltage again with AVO meter showing 12.3 volts but other voltmeter showing 13.0 volts. My 100 batteries have blue telltales when fully charged and the blue is showing so I tested these and got identical readings to the 80 batteries so I guess all are fully[ish] charged.

I found my 1st m'bike in a ditch; a 1936 500 c.c. 16h Norton. I was 14 and hid it round the back of a petrol station then reported it to the police who said it was mine after 3 months. First thing I did was take it to bits as I couldn't ride it [as in didn't know how to]. I soon learned closely followed by the local PC on his pathetic little L.E velocette.

Frank

13.0 volts, that better Frank :clap:

regards

Dave

The clocks are very impressive especially the amount of patience they must take but that Ultima? had more wow factor for petrol heads :)

Back