Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another land cruiser to my collection.

spackrackman

125E79AF-906A-49F6-9234-742DB96B6C73-541-000000242C537EF5.jpg

72D6E3F7-582B-4CB9-A791-17C11425E04B-541-00000026AEF52D4D.jpg

Bought it today. Not sure what to do with it, has a blown head gasket, rust in a few places but in my opinion was still worth buying.

First job is to see how the engine is, it turns over ok, it was stopped once it was realised there was no water but damage was already done. Apparently when it starts it fires water out of the radiator. Head off I guess. Will clean up tomorrow and take some more photos.

nice cruiser, it's a quite an uncommon colour that red, my kzj70 is the same, they don't like sunlight too much lol

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok, I do not know the engine at all. Is it the one in the 4 runner? What else is it in?

Im glad you bought it Johnie. :clap:

You should make quite a bit on that if you fix it and sell it. :dance:

4-runner/surf and earlier 90 series got the 1KZT/1KZT-E.

Not sure if theres any difference between the heads on the 1KZT (manual fuel pump), versus the 1KZT-E (ECU controlled fuel pump). :think:

Last edited:
without the intention of hijacking the thread:icon-biggrin:, I have to say that color is one of the best and good looking ones.
I had one which is red as well, originally was good, then I had the idea to send it to a garage to get it even better, (I thought) and to fix some rust points, well... probably one of the worts ideas I have had for a while. A work that was promised to be done in 4 weeks, ended up in 3 months, and I had nearly to fight to get my car back. I guess thats the main reason, you guys, do your own stuff.
Here was the beuty before

And after, at least in the exterior, since I do not know what happend in those 3 months.
Kzj70.jpg

Not only I lost the strips, which I loved, the final paint job was really poor, looking like a big rotten orange . yes yes!!, I know, in the picture looks fine, but believe me its bad:icon-cry:, even my wife realized about it and the most humilliating thing was when she said I think you were ripped off:oops:.
Any way. I still loving this piece of japanesse tech. In particular this model. when I was younger they where very popular, however expensive, then I got the money, but having one it was nearly close to have a foot in the grave because they were extremely desirable among criminals. then I finally got one in UK for £2K :icon-cool:

Any way the most popular model there are those similar to the pic below which was my brother's one and he used it for a quite popular offroad competition. Until a new law banned this type of competition because they were not environmentally friendly.
IMG_1064.jpg

And last for now, I know its turning on a bit cheese, but come on guys where else I can post it?? I painted this a while ago (93) when I was having nothing better to do than that.
macho.jpg

Cheers

Attachments

• Kzj70.jpg
    Kzj70.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 582
Nothing is environmentally friendly.

Even sex.

It leads to a phenomena called population explosion.

R:icon-cool:oger

Nice 70. :clap:

Loving the KZJ70 number plate. :icon-cool:

Have you still got the red one?

Did you get it re-sprayed? :think:

Hi Roger, yes you are rigth, but that was a political decision from the Vzlan goverment that is toooo complex to explain in this forum into an extent that only goverment can buy the 70 series model at the moment.

HI Ben, (what great work in your blue beast) the plate is just Photoshop effect, I wish I have one like that, and yeap, the red still with me... and unfortunatly, yes I got it resprayed and it was a bad work.

However still happy with the car, it was in a very good condition when I bought it, it has the orginal 3L engine and 130K on it. I wanted to get some mods done, since I bought it thinking I will have lot of fun with it in Sctoland, but it seems there are no many places that you can go to explore freely here?, last time (and the only one so far) I was out in what I thought was a green line near a beach, somebody complain to the police, then they approach me saying that type of activitities are not allowed in Scotland? well since then being busy with work and the kids, the car has been the garage queen and I haven't have the time to find out about offroading in the whisky land.

cheers
M

There are unsurfaced rights of ways in Scotland with vehicular rights. They are not necessarily listed as ORPA's or similar, most are just shown as whites and when you check them out you find that they are unsurfaced tracks. Some but not all are marked as unsuitable for motors and some will take you onto private land, where you may or may not be told to f**k off. This you may or may not do, bearing in mind that the laws of trespass don't exist in Scotland.

So the moral is this.

Pop into your local library. Borrow all the OS maps you can and start looking for the whites.These are marked as "other road drive or track".Viv and I have driven some spectacular roads, over mountains or down through the glens.

So start looking.

Roger

Thanks Roger That was a good piece of advice. Ben the lake D looks promising!!!

Well its now home, Dave did a sterling job of towing me the 7 miles at great speed only 3 foot from his bumper. You soon realise how big an 80 series is when that close as I could see nothing of the road ahead. I bump started it while we were going along and from then it would start on the key. Engine sounds sweet but within in seconds you can hear pressure building in the radiator. Once I have had this cup of tea I am going to take the head off, its got an MOT will Feb so this may become my winter toy. Only prob is I hate driving things with rust that I know is going to get worse but if I start to sort it, it will just end up next to my 61 and 40 and not move for the next few years! more pics to follow. I think a few tubs of wax oil for this winter and look at it in the spring. Saying all this I beter get the head of first and hope it just the gasket.
jonnie

You can never have too many Yotas it looks good what are your plans for it?

If you're proper addicted I've got a Colorado and another 70 if you need another LC fix

Hi jonnie

I have a blue and black indicator vallence. They are very expensive though:whistle:

Nice looking truck, hope you get sorted with the valence, and get it looking as good as new again.

Gra.

Back