Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Antifreeze coolent in footwell horror!!

In the meantime with a couple of hours remaining in the day I started the work towards taking the front radiator off. Felt like a breath air a far simpler job on hand.

Fluids out with just two bolts left to remove, was left till the morning.

With the dash out & all this work started to look at a possible fix for the cracks. Funny how things look a lot worse when there out in proper view.

IMG_5519.JPG IMG_5520.JPG IMG_5521.JPG IMG_5518.JPG

Brave boy Dervis, 10/10 for bravery!

At least it is the heater matrix that's leaking, makes it all worthwhile.

Hope it all goes back in OK, mate.

:text-+1: On all that. Well done Dervis and glad the problem was what you thought it was. Very good idea taking pics along the way and a horrible job indeed. You may be shocked at the AC recharge bill as the gas has recently more than doubled in price :doh:… sorry!

Good to hear you can get it re-cored so quickly. Good luck with it.

It's a pity about the dash cracks, as I'm not sure of any remedial solution for that.

No chance of a reasonably priced replacement Dervis, while its all out?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:text-+1: On all that. Well done Dervis and glad the problem was what you thought it was. Very good idea taking pics along the way and a horrible job indeed. You may be shocked at the AC recharge bill as the gas has recently more than doubled in price :doh:… sorry!

Good to hear you can get it re-cored so quickly. Good luck with it.

Thank you Richard didn't get much done today but hopefully will get most of the car back together tomorrow. I haven't attempted putting the dash back yet.

It's a pity about the dash cracks, as I'm not sure of any remedial solution for that.

No chance of a reasonably priced replacement Dervis, while its all out?

I tried to out source a dash from the uk Clive before but unfortunately the quotes I got were to pricy..... adding to the cost of shipping to & from the uk ran close to £400. So I'm thinking while it's out get a few quotes here to repair it. Works out far cheaper just down to the quality of the work that's the real issue.

Thanks

Lovely! Job well done when you've finished Dervis

That's a quick turn around, all nice and shiny now.

Guys today put back the front end lights, grill, battery / trays all connected now. Connection inside the cabin for the a/c & heater radiators all done.
Also connected the metal dashboard brace with steering column. Have a host of modules to reconnect tomorrow back to how it was originally hopefully.
Also sent the dash of to have it retrimmed. Doesn't look too bad being good that's it's only a back section and not the air vents to do.

Tomorrow work schedule:

1. Fill the radiator with red antifreeze after a air test run.
2. Connect intercooler
3. Connect all modules in dash & air ducks.
4. Call a electrian to tidy and check all wiring and test prior to dashboard install.
5. Re gas the a/c and test.

Thankfully getting there most of the hard works over now :clap:

Thanking you guys for your support.

Guys today got the dash back they couldn't match the colour exactly which I knew so the nearest was this. They did a great job time will tell how it fits back and the final look in the cabin.

I've now got a two tone grey dash....lol

IMG_5542.JPG IMG_5544.JPG IMG_5545.JPG

While the dash was being refurbished I took the opportunity to spray the bottom driver side lower dash matt black and also re-covered the center gearstick facia.

Now waiting the electrian to go through all the wiring before reassembling the dash back together.

IMG_5552.JPG

Very nice too Dervis!

They seem to have made a good job of the dash, the coloured is something else, but I'm sure it will look good... :thumbup:

Guys been a long tedious week taking far longer than anticipated putting the old girl back together. Seriously undertook a huge opersation here but thankful to have
preserveered in this heat wave to bring it back to its best again.

Issues encountered were:-

1. Electrical water damage for amp/ speakers still to be resolved

2. Leather recovered dash board marks easily against black front facia when installing.

3. Should have taken more detailed pictures with some much behind the dash board going on.

4. It's a two man job taking it out & putting it back being awkward in places.

5. Had to take things back out many a time as it conflicted with other parts in sequence.

6. Awkward lack of space in the car best to take both front seats out recommended.

7. Broken ignition coil rear plastic sender unit. Adapted rewired new one with slight mod.

8. Many screws & connections can be easily missed if rushed.

Also pressure tested & flushed with water the coolent system for leaks then preceded to add red toyota long life antifreeze. Took around 8 liters for now and may add a little more in the run in later.

Next job pressure tested the a/c and topped up with no issues for nice blowing cold air :dance:

Pictures to follow after I get the old girl cleaned up guys:icon-biggrin:

Yes It needs the seats out and 2 people. Also plenty of pictures. Perhaps also separate containers for screws for each assy as it comes out. Hope I have to do mine as I'll have lived a long time.

Back