Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Antifreeze coolent in footwell horror!!

It was a brave job to take on, but I'm glad you did it yourself Dervis.

I'm trying to imagine how disappointed you would have been if a repair garage had done it, they don't have the patience and you'd have got it back with half the screws and clips missing, rattles and flapping bits...

Good job mate, congrats... :thumbup:

Thank you Guys your right there Clive its a job that nobody wants to do yet quite costly due to the time scale involved. Doing it myself ensured a more delicate approach yet a focus unhindered.

Just thankful my cousin gave me the space & freedom to do this at his garage.

Got a few things to do yet next week before its ready to enjoy bringing home. :thumbup:

Guys today's update installed new Bluetooth audio controller with larger screen for the rear view camera.

In addiction adapted & installed a outside temp gauge worthwhile having.

2 USB ports, volt meter connexted along with the turbo guage. Left is the water & oil pressure guages on the to do list.

Surprising I've got use to the new dash it kinda blends well with the other grey interior colours. In the pictures it looks much lighter than in person.

image.jpg IMG_5578.JPG IMG_5579.JPG IMG_5580.JPG

Another update was the long awaited LED lights for the inside engine bay bonnet / hood. Nice to have I think with a auto on & off switch.

IMG_5582.JPG IMG_5583.JPG IMG_5584.JPG

It looks very well Dervis, I like the idea of the external temp gauge, I would like to fit one to mine.

I fitted a similar Bluetooth audio system, JVC, large DoubleDin screen with a reversing camera. It's very useful indeed.

Trouble is, when my daughter gets bored with my music selection, she overrides it with her music on her iPad from the back seat :lol:

It looks very well Dervis, I like the idea of the external temp gauge, I would like to fit one to mine.

I fitted a similar Bluetooth audio system, JVC, large DoubleDin screen with a reversing camera. It's very useful indeed.

Trouble is, when my daughter gets bored with my music selection, she overrides it with her music on her iPad from the back seat :lol:

The external gauge was a cheap few quid from china but had to cut the blank plate to fit it into Clive. This way it fitted better and looks wise is now part of the furniture.....lol

This certainly is a good upgrade pretty standard in modern vehicles worth doing. Just a live, negative and earth wiring pretty easy diy job :thumbup:

Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Guys popping out tonight remembered to have a look at the led lights in the engine bay. Pleasantly surprised to how bright there are and extremely handy checking over the vehicle at night. Was a breath of fresh air.....lol

IMG_5636.JPG IMG_5637.JPG

I keep meaning to do this, id like them to shine on a intercooler like yours though..

good job.
i also have a external temp gauge, i used a vdo. Where did you mount the sender dervis?

I keep meaning to do this, id like them to shine on a intercooler like yours though..

good job.
i also have a external temp gauge, i used a vdo. Where did you mount the sender dervis?

Mike the leds are brighter than the pictures reveal. Had them for a year before fitting them so it's normal...... thanks.

I have still to connect the VDO water & VDO oil pressure senders. I'm waiting to get them from the uk so only have the volt meter, 2 usb's and the turbo boost connected as far. I will forward a write up after I get these sorted.

That is looking fantastic Dervis, well done on the dash reconstruction and it looks like the recovering was a first rate job.

Just one quick thought, your under bonnet silver sound deadening material, is it actually metal foil or just silvery plastic? I mean if it's conductive metal foil it may be prudent to either cover it or the battery terminals (if not already done of course) in case it detached and drops across the battery terminals at some point. Just a thought.

Love the under bonnet LEDs.

That is looking fantastic Dervis, well done on the dash reconstruction and it looks like the recovering was a first rate job.

Just one quick thought, your under bonnet silver sound deadening material, is it actually metal foil or just silvery plastic? I mean if it's conductive metal foil it may be prudent to either cover it or the battery terminals (if not already done of course) in case it detached and drops across the battery terminals at some point. Just a thought.

Love the under bonnet LEDs.

Hi Richard......the under bonnet / hoot sound deadening / heat shield is the dynomat brand I bought from the uk with the side panel sound deadening products last year. Basically its a thick durable form that has a reflective foil shown on the pictures. On the back it peels off to stick thats pretty good having no issues at all it coming away.

What your seeing under the hood above the battery terminals are a thin reflective sound deadening material, maybe aluminium with a rubber base not sure. I did this to all the inner bonnet sections first and then put the thicker foam over it. I've had no issues with this and to be honest could of left that as it was.

To replace the old one was expensive and bulky to ship. This shown below was light yet I think better in technology able to reflect the heat back down so being hot here the paints gonna be better in the long run.

Unknown.jpg

Looks good Dervis. I was just thinking of the one in a million chance of the foil shorting across the battery terminals and how to avoid it.

Last edited:
Back