Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone for the Donnington 4x4 show?

Was it not a pic of yours they used on those hoodies Chas???

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Was it not a pic of yours they used on those hoodies Chas???

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

That's right it was, for a mo there I thought you may have borrowed my red 80 from Julians garage. :lol:

just about to set off - still not got my aerial tuned, can receive but won't be transmitting!

well I am glad I didnt pay for my ticket, would be good if you had a Rusty Rover but thats it

Managed to bag a new tree strop though so not a total waste

Got a 5 tonne tow strop and 2 d-shackles for a tenner, was disappointed by the amount of landy stuff and lack of anything else. Was nice to see the bowlers, but an expensive car boot sale if I'm honest about it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's always very LR biased at the UK shows but it's an excuse to get out and think/talk 4x4's and say hello to a few forum members. There were a couple of cruisers there and DB was doing winches without the VAT, don't know how I've managed to come away without one :shock:

Hmm, I spent over £500

Split charge system
2 x Lodar wireless winch remotes
2L chimney mounted Frontier water boiler
Proper cut off switch for winch
Bits and pieces.
Ideas for disc handbrake
Replacement snap rings for X Lites

Had a great day. Well of course there were lots of Landy bits. There always is. Hardly a great surprise.

Nice to see Forum members there too. Oh and some totty in lycra.

Chris

But the neat thing that my mate brought me as a belated birthday prezzie was this.

Oh no, not another travel mug?

photo 1.jpg

Oops sorry, iphone orientation issues. Why can't we edit those once uploaded?

Well actually no, not just another travel mug because it's a plug in heated travel mug. Oh yes. It not only keeps your drink warm whilst you are faffing around but it will heat water from cold to at least 60 degrees - that's as far as I got before I had to put it away.

photo 2.jpg

I had a very enjoyable day, Twas very Green Oval biased but TBH no more than I expected. However I did notice that the majority if not all the stands with Cruisers were more along the overlanding lines which I suppose is more what the UK "off road" market seems to use them for.

I came away with everything I had hoped for (Reduced subscription to TOR and GLASS membership, also a wing mount for my CB aerial. Pal o mine got himself a new winch and I got a couple of ideas for a rear winch.

It was nice to see Chris again and as always he had excellent advice to impart. Hope he gets on with the handbrake solution (and has one ready for me to fit at Lincomb:pray: :wink: lol)

Arf Arf. Fat chance. Not sure I'll have one built for myself by then. Need the caliper really. Might have to make my own mechanism from scratch.

It was a good day out.

C

Back