Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone looking for a late 4.5L petrol 80?

Mr P I would love the blade BUT...... I have two R1s. The blade would look nice sat next to them though. Takes less room up than an 80. Hmmmmmm ... I'm thinking .

John, these are better than money in the bank. Saabs don't float my boat though .

Was going to say I could be interested... and then read 6 mpg?!??! WTFFF? Our 440 Charger does better than that....

Money wise dave when on gas they have been the same as the 24v diesel.

Even on LPG I'm struggling to get 6mpg to anything close to 22ish. What am I missing? But put up some photos anyway, or pm/email me. I haven't bought anything for at least 6 weeks...

Was going to say I could be interested... and then read 6 mpg?!??! WTFFF? Our 440 Charger does better than that....

Dave, the 6mpg was a joke as the missus drives every car like she's stolen it, whether its a 4 ton behemoth or a supercar, makes little difference to her right foot!

I love the petrol. Smooth, powerful, quiet, and fast too.

I really am surprised just how good it really is!:dance:

When you go petrol you won't want to go back!
Not too bad on fuel just depends how you drive it lol.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dave, the 6mpg was a joke as the missus drives every car like she's stolen it, whether its a 4 ton behemoth or a supercar, makes little difference to her right foot!

I love the petrol. Smooth, powerful, quiet, and fast too.

I really am surprised just how good it really is!:dance:

Kinda interested in why you deleted your first impressions comments tho... ???

Just because I think it a fantastic vehicle, doesn't mean others would too. Bit self indulgent on my part, so thought better of it and deleted it.

If i had a car it would be petrol but for me a 4x4 is a tractor , a big lumbering unstoppable beast and it drinks diesel . It's all down to personal choice modern diesels annoy me because they are almost indistinguishable from their petrol alternatives .

Okay - to clarify, I already have an 80 4.2 24v diesel manual. Its okay - not the best example, but pretty decent. We also have a few other vehicles. I'm interested in getting another 80, ideally a better example of the truck we already have, but as we all know on here, finding A1 diesel 80s is getting tough... so I 'm kinda extending my ideas to include petrols, as they've typically done a lot less miles for the year. But running costs are an issue - not because I can't afford it, rather that when you have a truck that does reasonable mpg you tend to use it and not think about it, whereas when you have one that does stupid mpg, you do think "hell, that's gonna cost me £20 just to pop into town" - and it takes some of the fun outa having the truck. Does that make sense, or is it just me?!?

Makes perfect sense to me Dave i never even thought about fuel until i buggered it up by adding an oversize exhaust and intercooler , now i shake my head and grumble to myself every time i fill her up . If your happy with the way your diesel performs but lack of availability is turning you towards a petrol model maybe you could have a petrol remapped to match the diesel performance which should i would have thought bring about far better mpg as a side effect ? Just an idea .

image.jpg

One photo.
I will upload more tomoz as my Internet is playing up.

Back