Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bling Bling wind deflectors

Pumpy

Country Flag
england
smashed one of my wind deflectors on the lanes in devon, found some cheapo bling bling replacements on evilbay, wasn't sure about the chrome stip, but I quite like them now, at least they match the smoked windscreen deflector. Not sure how long the worlds most fiddly plastic rivnut type things will last, mite be better with small screws n nuts methinks.

IMG_20160608_190400_zpsn4yumkgb.jpg
IMG_20160608_190441_zpsxtw3i5yj.jpg

2 of them were damaged in transit so we'll see how well the seller deals with that, in the meantime good luck meant the damaged ones were on the side I managed to keep intact in devon, so not all bad news :)

If you want to be ultra picky they're not the most accurate fit as they warp down from the line of the door tops by a couple of mm, but not bad for £58 delivered.

I bought these too. First set had the front passenger one damaged. The second full set sent by the seller had the very same one damaged!!!

Probably the same seller and he dealt with it extremely well. In the end, return post was too expensive for him so he just gave me a full refund.

Can you give me a photo of how you used the bag of bits please?

photo mite be difficult to show any detail!

front ones have two long clips at the top, a medium size clip on the angle, and a real short clip that tucks in behind the wing mirror trim. Rears just have two long clips at the top. I did have to squeeze the metal clippy bit tighter to get them to grip, these tuck in under the rubber trim round the windowframe, and must be put in before sticking the deflectors on (maybe you could still get them in with the deflector stuck on with the window open, not sure tbh)

The 3 part plastic rivnut thingys, golf T in deflector hole from outside; washer has a flat side and a curved side, put the insert (with the hollow center) into the washer through the curved side with the flat of the washer towards the deflector, push the insert (while it's through the washer) onto the pin of the golf T, giggle it about until the insert sits in the hole of the deflector and the hole/slot of the clip, then use a pair of long nose pliers to put pressure on the insert (without putting pressure on the pin of the golf T or the washer) to really push it home - all while pushing on the top of the golf T from the outside of the deflector.

Sounds complicated but it's not really, fiddley as a very fiddley thing on fiddley fiddlers day though! I only dropped the rivit thingys about 10 times :laughing-jumpingpu:

If you're struggling with it I could maybe take a pic with the bits for the other side when the replacements arrive, before I fit them. Or a specific bit fitted?

Last edited:
:thumbup:

Did you bother with the sticky tape?

Yeah for sure, I reckon the tape is more secure than the clippy things! Can't see em lasting 5 mins without the tape tbh!

I did have the advantage of taking the old Mr.T deflectors off to see how the clips worked, man that 3M tape is super sticky strong stuff, hardest part of the job was removing the old tape with a razor blade and white spirit, more razor blade, more white spirit, much elbow grease, then finally a pan scrubber and soapy water to remove the residue before sticking the new ones on.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back