Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Club meets, laning and Lincomb

Gav Peter said:
For whats it worth, here's my pics:

201120101194.jpg

Start the day the breakkie way
Gav, I take it you're not in training for the 3 Peaks challenge any time soon? :animals-pig: :lol:

Attachments

• 201120101194.jpg
    201120101194.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 79
Phwoar... Just looking at that pic is making me hungry all over again!!!

I know how you felt on Saturday morning now Karl... :p

A quick update on veggie mux ..... Lifted him off the trailer as I didn't think he deserved to roll himself off. Jump leads off two other trucks. Checked my chip fat was flowing nice from the tank and bypassed the common lift pump primer as usually raises a problem. Made sure all my pipes were nice and tight as not to alloy air into the system and bang he starts. From start to finish five min!!!!! Daylight and a clear head prob helped. Fittin all the kit as made a mess of it in the dark sat night and I'll keep you posted. Karl

Well I am delighted for you & veggieMUX but WTF didn't you just do that at the weekend!!!! :lol:

I don't fully understand what you have done but do you think that this has been the issue from the start & that all the fuel pumps you have been trying are actually ok? That would be a 'Brucie Bonus' if they are :thumbup:

I can't beleive that there was any mess under the bonnet from Saturday's attempts to ressurect him... :p

Great pics guys, I would post some but after taking a few I realised that I had on memory card :doh:

Karl I cant believe you got it running again in 5 min! What do you think caused the issue in the first place?

The sunday didnt quite go as planned i couldnt believe it when karl rang to say the pump had gone again.at least after 14 hours and nearly 500 miles we got him back home.now mux is running again im sure there will be more recoverys in the future.one day we will get round to happy valley

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
mr bigs another one of the recovery team. Happy valley will come soon i hope.
Rob, In daylight and a clear head i put jump leads on connected the origonal system up from the standard tank and put everything to standard. Got the fuel to the filter and started it. Couple of turns of the engine and a injector pipe open and stright away running.
I then put the veg kit back on and started it. Started again but then cut out as it did on sat. I kept swapping things about. The out come is that im certain that my return valve that swaps from diesel to veg is faulty and that is the problem. When i turned to diesel going up the first hill i stopped on i think it took all the diesel out of the diesel tank and returned it to the veg tank without me knowing.
Gutted that i could have sorted it so easy and carried on with you guys sat night and sun. It just didnt come to me that the actual valve could have been faulty.
I think that the last pump gave up due to the valve as is was pressuring my fuel system up so much the pump was trying to push/pull fuel that couldnt go anywhere.
I just wish i had worked it out as easy sat night as i did this morning.
Veggie mux gets to see another day
karl

I have a route in mind for December that would include the lanes near happy valley ;)

Might I be going on that one Jon? :oops: :lol:

I'd like to get out on a run before the end of the year. Have to go North to help some naughty deer into the freezer, but all depends on the dates I guess

Chris

That would ne great jon. Dates would be good if pos please. Thanks again for sat i really enjoyed it. av to get some miles on mine to make sure uts reliable for the trip. :thumbup:
karl

Jon Wildsmith said:
I have a route in mind for December that would include the lanes near happy valley ;)
Count me & Muxley in on that if its nowhere near Christmas... If I can daytrip, I might try & bring a few of the clan :shock: They have to start sometime!!!

They are doing work on the south end of Happy Valley & have graded the run up from the 'white house' to an almost road like surface in the few weeks that we did it last... From what I saw, I think they have been cleaning the drainage systems & putting all the flotsam on the lane to [s:79kt8l9d]ruin[/s:79kt8l9d] repair it...

There were orange tubs (significance) at the places they had worked at already & a few along the lane where no works had been undertaken - I hope they are not in the process of 'sorting' the lane out...

If they go too far, the lane will be ruined. As it stands, its vay excellent...

Jon, if you are planning a route, there are a couple of lanes that we didn't get to on Sunday that are well worth incorporating into a mishun that I'm sure you are aware of. Will drop a pm

It's already a very different lane to what it used to be Gav :( 11th or 18th seem the most likely choices for me but I'll have to check the family calender and let you know and then maybe post in trips instead of the lounge :) .

EDIT: Possibly not the 11th as that will clash with the treasure hunt ?

Oh thank you Jon. Do you think I should try holding the drive shafts in with some blu tack, or leave them out completely and stick the stub axles on and just go for it? :lol: :lol: Does it matter if the diff casing fills up with mud?

Actually that looks like the weekend I'll be in Scotland. In my Verso!

Chris

Just a quick thanks to Jon for taking the lead role on saturday,I really enjoyed the weekend even though i did lose a mudflap and side step in the process :thumbdown: Sunday was great too although we had thinned out abit by then and then i had a problem with a cv but i did get home,i now have my 2"lift and gavs t.case bashplate so have made a few steps in to the modding :thumbup:

Nice to meet and put names to faces,Rob,Halina and Gav,met Karl and Jon at Lincomb.
Need a cb next so i can stay in comms loop next time :lol:

cheers Gary

we will deffo try to at least start the next laning trip should be good happy valley way from what iv seen in the pics

dave b said:
we will deffo try to at least start the next laning trip
You'll have to hope veggieMUX is behaving himself by then :p It sounds as though his therapist is working wonders though so should be a better chance of survival on the next outing :cool:

Back