Higgy Nov 7, 2019

1. Higgy

Higgy Well-Known Member Supporter I am in denmark

Map
    AndycruiserguyLomas likes this.
  2. AndycruiserguyLomas

AndycruiserguyLomas Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    Has anyone on here owned a Y60 Troll? ( besides me).

Be careful what you wish for, at best thats only 3/4 as good as an 80 in all respects. From the 90's look at how many 80's have survived compared with Y60's.
    Just saying like.

3. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
    Part of me will always yearn for the swb version though .

4. Higgy

Map
    Agree Andy, But we had one on the Farm years ago, Very agricultural, We loved it, No there arnt many about. More 60 series spec i guess......How about this one Shayne..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-P...SEL/274076122149?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

5. Josh Tagg

Josh Tagg Well-Known Member I am in uk

Map
    I'm only guessing that if it's very rusty on the bodywork you can see it will be horrendous where you can't

6. stumog

stumog Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    Have to agree with Josh that's hanging and at 3200 blimey.

They have great running gear but the bodies are worse then a 120...

7. AndycruiserguyLomas

Map
    Worse than a 60 series too. The one I had was a SWB, better than most bodywise but the chassis needed patching and it had only done 80k. Engine wise a bit like a 1HZ , rest just average really.

Shayne, not a patch on either of your Collies, believe me.

8. Tommy345

Tommy345 Well-Known Member I am in uk

Map
    I currently run the Y60 Patrol and have owned a number of 80’s. Which one do I think is better????? Well depends what you want to do, the land cruiser interior wise is put together better but the patrol isn’t bad at all and I do find the seating position in the Patrol better. Engine wise I have the factory turbo TD42 so no real difference to the 1HD-T.

For what I want from a vehicle it had to be the patrol, I want to run 37/40” tyres and have peace of mind with the drivetrain, I also didn’t want a long wheel base vehicle so the short converted to medium wheel base ticked the box.

I was very lucky to find a rot free patrol which is very difficult these days but it’s getting that way with 80’s
    478991F9-569F-4465-AD79-BC9EC8C7264F.jpeg

StarCruiser, Shayne and Higgy like this.
  9. AndycruiserguyLomas

Map
    That looks like the perfect "Troll" Tom, but its far from the norm.

10. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
    Higgy you would get me divorced if i had a bigger garden but alas i have no room for it .

I appreciate what your saying Andy but we differ in wants considerably , if i had a brand new 120 and an old mini mayfair sat on my drive i'm quite certain the mini would be my daily driver because it had a character to enjoy rather than send me to sleep comfort .

Higgy likes this.
  11. Higgy

Map
    Know what your saying. Im border line divorce settlement with 3 Land Cruisers and the C15 van.... And i know i would come off worse in the Lawyers Battle...:lol:

12. Paddler Ed

Paddler Ed Well-Known Member I am in australia

Garage:
    Map
    It looks funny with straight panels, stock height, 31s etc.... basically everything that they tend not to be over here after the P-Platers get hold of them... then they end up with a dent in every panel, a quarter panel chop, 4" lift and a set of 35s under them...

13. Tommy345

Tommy345 Well-Known Member I am in uk

Map
    you name standard height and 37’s.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter