Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruise Control

iceman

Country Flag
south_africa
Hi Gents,

This mau sound a silly question but how to I use this cruise control, I can engage it but after that no idea:crazy:

Attachments

• 2014-12-29 09.58.11.jpg
    2014-12-29 09.58.11.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 270
Have to be going over 30mph I think. Hold the stalk down then take foot off pedal. Hey presto. Then you can speed up or slow down with stalk.

Press the on button a light will come on on the dash confirming it's active drive up to 30mph that's its minimum working speed the hold the stalk downwards, car should accelerate to the speed you want then let go, a dab on the brake pedal will disable it, you can lift the stalk up to resume the previous speed setting. Just play about with it you won't break anything

Given the open roads here I would love to retrofit that system, any ideas if it has been done?

KARL..................

regards

Dave

Been done Dave yes.

You only get the kit in the import 12v though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Been done Dave yes.

You only get the kit in the import 12v though.

Guessed that Karl but a retrofit? I do not mind the work if I can find the parts, and you being a 'parts guy'........ :think:

regards

Dave

Ok gents tried it today at approx 80kph - had the dash light on and push the stick and down - nothing doing! Any ideas? I do have cruise on my golf so know how it works but it seems to be engaging but not taking over:wtf:

When you pushed the lever down did you hold it down for a few seconds? Try just pushing it down and releasing straight away. Holding it down is the deceleration function. If it's a manual, pressing the clutch also disengages CC so check the clutch switch is operating correctly.

Check you brake lights. Trust me. If you have a light out the cruise gets upset. It uses the circuit through the brakes as part of the activation - hence touching the brakes cancels the cruise. If they are working then it's something else of course. Green doesn't mean it's set. It just means it's active. Get up to speed, touch it down once and let go - that's set. No trick top it so if it's not setting - yes, check your brake lights first.

Check your brake fluid level as I think it has some influence over the system.

Easy fix, pull it all out and send to me (I'll pay for postage) I could then fix it and put it in mine! :lol:

regards

Dave

Don't even rest your foot on the clutch pedal. It cancels at the slightest touch.

My cruise control works from 30mph to 68mph ie 100kmh I have set system and tried to get it to accelerate past that but no joy. Mine is an import don't know if others are the same.

Ok Gents

Mines a auto import, I'll check the taillights & brakefluid on the weekend

Ice man did you get it sorted, because mine don't work at all at the moment sounds like the same problem. Light not even going on

Paul to be honest I've got two of these beasts (imports) and I can't get the cruise to work, it might be something simple but I've not got around to it yet.

Only thinking out aloud....... when I had some dealings with DIESEL imports from Japan they had a 'run on' function.

You pulled up and switched off the ignition and got out and locked the car. The engine would continue to run to cool the turbo off, it would shut down after a few minutes. As it was illegal in the UK they had to be disconnected. I wondered if this has been done and perhaps interferes with the cruise?

regards

Dave

Last edited:
Back