Cruise control....??

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
Yeah that's correct. I just checked back and Andy Lomas did wire his the same way and his was an auto. How did you connect the wires in at the steering wheel. I pulled two pins from another unused connector and put them in the empty spaces. I only ask as it can mean a missed connection if you put the cable in on its own. Try reversing them and see if it works. The light should come on, but the system only works beyond 30mph as far as I can see.

The only other thing I can think of is if there is a switch for the brake pedal like the clutch one on the manual that needs a new switch in place of what's there? I would have thought it's already there, as the brake light switch on the pedal in a manual also feeds the cruise.

Shayne

Guru
Think my 80 has cruise control but i have no idea how to use it or why i might want to use it ?

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
Shayne it's an absolute must if you do any long spins.. especially on quieter roads or with speed checks. It was the only one of the 3 cars here without it and I don't know how I did runs to the South of France before I put it in...

Paulmc

Country Flag
uk
Yeah that's correct. I just checked back and Andy Lomas did wire his the same way and his was an auto. How did you connect the wires in at the steering wheel. I pulled two pins from another unused connector and put them in the empty spaces. I only ask as it can mean a missed connection if you put the cable in on its own. Try reversing them and see if it works. The light should come on, but the system only works beyond 30mph as far as I can see.

The only other thing I can think of is if there is a switch for the brake pedal like the clutch one on the manual that needs a new switch in place of what's there? I would have thought it's already there, as the brake light switch on the pedal in a manual also feeds the cruise.
I couldn’t find a way to use the original plug so I used small spade connectors & insulated them using heat shrink.

Attachments

• A8CFC3FF-B6EE-42CF-813B-B625D7930291.jpeg
    A8CFC3FF-B6EE-42CF-813B-B625D7930291.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 4
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
Hmmm.. I wonder is that the issue. I used the original plug by taking pins from elsewhere although if everything is connected it should work. I just wonder if its making a good contact

Paulmc

Country Flag
uk
Hmmm.. I wonder is that the issue. I used the original plug by taking pins from elsewhere although if everything is connected it should work. I just wonder if its making a good contact
Well the horn works & you can't really make a bad connection. Even if the connection was not great, I think you would still get some evidence of a connection like at least the cruise light but I have nothing at all. I'm at a loss now like I should just give up but I really want cruise or the 90 will have to go ha ha.

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
Have you looked into the switch at the brake pedal? If there was a different one needed? The system won't activate unless the cut out switch is connected. I don't know if the original for the brake lights will send the signal.