Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Elecronic Diesel Tuning Devices

After reading the whole thread now I'm thinking this is path to go with my stock 90 1kz-te:

1. Install a boost gauge and see whats result I'm getting
2. Install a boost controller (before the boost gauge on the hose between turbo and wastegate)
3: Set the boost controller so I get a pressure of around 0,8 bar.
4. Clean and block of the egr.

Sounds ok?
Will removing the butterfly valve do me any good?

Glad i removed my butterfly but i suppose results will differ depending what other mods are done before . I must say if i had to put all but one thing back to standard the 3" exhaust rates higher in my estimation than everything else put together . Whoever designed the standard exhaust should be shot .

Charlie might be a little far from Norway i reckon so yes custom made is probably the way forward . The dump pipe or down pipe is the important bit Haakonbs the standard one strangles the engine . You will find a 3" dump pipe easy enough but its likely to be on ebay Australia .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We really need someone nifty to fab up some down pipes for these engines at a reasonable price, I'm sure they'll fly off the shelves!!

Charlie made a jig when he did mine and was planning to sell the dump pipe by post for about 160 quid iirc . I mentioned it on here but nobody called and he scrapped the jig .

Charlie made a jig when he did mine and was planning to sell the dump pipe by post for about 160 quid iirc . I mentioned it on here but nobody called and he scrapped the jig .

I must have missed your mention of it Shayne, I spoke to Charlie ages ago and he never mentioned that, I'll have to give him a call and see if there's been any more done.

The jig was scrapped long ago Chas and your turbo is different to mine so it wouldn't fit anyway . If you remember the discussion with Charlie when we both visited he said if you can send him a standard down pipe he can use it as a template to make a 3" version . I guess the same applies to everyone and if the orders came in wanting 3 or 4 at once it has to encourage a quick turnaround .

My 1KZ dump pipe won't fit my 1KD and visa versa because the turbo to exhaust flange is different .

On a side note Charlie was trying to talk me into a Roo-bar style winch mount when i visited last week , he likes a challenge and a break from the norm , and obviously is a closet off roader if he wasn't so busy :lol:

If you remember the discussion with Charlie when we both visited he said if you can send him a standard down pipe he can use it as a template to make a 3" version . I guess the same applies to everyone and if the orders came in wanting 3 or 4 at once it has to encourage a quick turnaround.
Yes I do remember that, right, anyone else interested in getting a 3" down pipe? is there a standard one knocking about in anyones shed? :pray:

Installed my boost gauge today. I got 0,7 bar. Then installed my boost controller, with the bleed skrew all the way in. The turbo responded (!) slower but boosted over 1 bar. Then off course the ecu cut the fuel :(

14 psi is said to be the limit of boost when you have an electric fuel pump .

I used a turbosmart T
media_bt1.jpg

I am not sure i understand ?

If you add too much boost it will cut fuel making the turbo worthless . Turn your controller down a notch so fuel doesn't cut and you should be good .

Back