Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

fridge...

I've dealt with APB via email and on the phone, very professional and friendly lady called Heather dealt patiently with all my questions

£ 1072 inc VAT for the Stainless Steel version ..... :shh:

paulm said:
thanks for that scott. how high does that stand with the two zone on top? do you use the bottom as a freezer and the top as a fridge?
The Engel with the "Two Zone" on top measures 631mm tall (with the transit lock feet on the bottom)
7aca7d93-1.jpg

In general the two zone is at a very slightly higher temp than the engel, when the whole lot is pack full with food. When I bought the two zone (from MPS) I was advised that I could put a tea towel in the bottom of the two zones basket and this would act as a barrier keeping the engel at a lower temp (frozen) whilst the two zone would remain chilled (fridge). This isn't a very controllable option, but it may well work if its only the odd occasion that you require a fridge and a freezer.

Note - I haven't tried the tea towel method, I haven't had the need. I use the engel and two zone as one large fridge, which is easily accessible. If I lift the top lid I can access the food in the two zone, if I want to access food in the engel I flip the catch and pivot the two zone up to gain access. I find this set up more helpful than having one large fridge and having to dig down through / partially empty the food to access the food at the bottom.

Why do I have a two zone? Originally the engel was installed in a vehicle that was tight on storage space, so the MT35 was the fridge that suited my needs, when I then moved the fridge to a larger vehicle I bought the two zone to increase the fridges capacity. I now have the option, if I move the engel to a different vehicle where space is tight, that I can reduce the fridges size by removing the two zone.

Cheers.

thank you scott, it looks like a great system, and having the ability to reduce the size if you're not going away for as long seems like a pretty good idea... i suppose you could adjust the temperature in the top by adding/removing tea towels ;)

ok, i've had this reply back from APB, mods, if this isnt allowed, then i apologies and please remove it:

Hi Paul

Thank you for visiting us and your enquiry regarding group buying. Yes, we would be happy to offer a discount to the European Land Cruiser Owners Club. Discount would depend on quantity you order. We are happy to do this with any of our products. Don’t hesitate to give us a call to discuss further.

Regards

Phillip Bond

APB Trading Limited

Tel: +44(0)1299 250174

Fax: +44(0)1299 251752

so then, who would be interested in a NL fridge, and which type?

If there is going to be a group buy, I would be interested in a National Luna Weekender 50-Twin, depending on price of course. :pray:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Paul

50L Weekender fridge costing to you.

1- 5 units £712.17 plus VAT

5-10 units £659.45 plus VAT

Don’t forget we do the 30L Indel ‘B’ unit which has the same Danfoss compressor unit as the Luna, if some of your guys require a more cost effective unit. These we can do at £375.85 plus VAT

Give us a call so we can discuss how bulk buy works.

We do this system with Disco 3 Club.

I hope this helps, look forward to hearing from you.

p.s. 74L double door unit £1139.13 plus VAT

Regards

Phillip Bond

APB Trading Limited

Tel: +44(0)1299 250174

Fax: +44(0)1299 251752

at 20% VAT i make that:

1-5 £854.60
6-10 £791.34

any more interest in the weekender 50 at that price?

paulm said:
Brett said:
paulm said:
do you find its ok with single temperature?

How'd you mean?

do you find it provides enough for long trips using it either just as a fridge or just as a freezer? or is it a dual temperature jobbie?

It's not dual temperature, there are separate sections for Fridge & freezer.

I haven't done a long trip with it yet,sorry.

As I already have an Engel 45l, I think nearly £800, :( if we get more than 6 orders is a bit more than I would want to pay for the convenience of having a freezer too, so include me out please. :thumbdown:

Back