Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FZJ80R from Devon

What with work fixing your truck sorting out the inteirior where the heck did you find the time to build a bouncing baby boy many congratulations to mum baby Jack and you Rich enjoy every day

Got some bits done on truck but not much, new 2nd hand springs from ebay and need to order some shock absorbers as n/s/r has rusted through and leaking oil.

View attachment 155157

Used camping kitchen in the hospital car park - very handy,

View attachment 155156

Baby Jack is born now, so need to get him trained up on the spanners!
Congratulations!
I spent the odd night in the back of the 80 in the hospital car park.
Be warned, calling your little lad jack is asking for trouble. Don't ask me how I know..:)

Got my isofix baby seat mount in last week in the nick of time.

20190321_132444.jpg

Ford isofix bracket.

20190322_133406.jpg

Had to trim the foam back slightly and make 2 cuts in the backing for the hooks to go through.

20190322_133455.jpg

20190322_133508.jpg

It is welded to the seat frame and to the seat belt mount of the seat.

20190401_124916.jpg

The seat belt also goes through the base.

20190401_124947.jpg

Seat mounted.

20190401_125005.jpg

Lorry mirror fixed to an old head rest with the foam cut off for baby observation.

Interesting mod never seen a isofix in a 80. We always just used the seat belts. It's a pain for my wife with then so high in the air

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats the good thing about the seat clipping into the base you sort the straps out inside the house then just clip the whole seat in. Also you can clip the car seat into the chassis of the pram and use it like a buggy.

Lol.
That is actually a stroke of genius..

Took the trailer tent out for its first trip which was also Jack's first camping trip.

20190608_130935.jpg

We had thunderstorms and heavy rain on Friday night, but we stayed dry, the tent material is very thick (poly cotton)

20190608_131044.jpg

I can back the truck up and use the kitchen and the opening front of the tent makes a good seal around the truck.

20190609_214048.jpg

Think he enjoyed his trip,

IMG-20190608-WA0001.jpg

I have been replacing the shocks and springs on the truck, the ride is a lot better but now need to replace the bushes as they are shot.

Believe or not just looking at an isofix mod for my 80 as I'm having a kid, just wondering where you got the ford iso bracket from?

Thanks for that, got one ordered time to fire up the welder again.

I think it is because I kept changing the axle oil to try and flush the moly grease from the axle. The wiper seals on the knuckle were actually keeping that lot in!

I did a pirate rebuild with a new axle oil seal and fresh cv grease, but I dont expect it to last long, the bronze bush in the stub axle is very worn.

Loaded up to go camping and noticed some unusual lines on the front wheel,

20190721_210115.jpg

Another cracked alloy, cracked in the same place as the buckled spare, but this time across 2 seperate spokes.

20190721_210232.jpg

Drew a pencil line across the end of the crack to determine if it was getting any worse and loaded the (already cracked) spare onto the roof rack...

20190721_210245.jpg

I am not sure how long it has been cracked, I refurbished them in Jan 2018, and unless I didn't notice the cracks and painted over them?

Id be careful running them. If you want me to lend you a couple let me know.

I would keep a very close eye on that rich. I would put them on the back at the very least.
I've never used them but there are mobile wheel repairers.
If you need replacements I have plenty in.
Any clue as to what caused this? Is it related to the buckled rim in any way?

Back