Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Globetrotter stove. Treasured posessions. Whatcha got?

Similar story to Ian, and as a result I don't have much from my youf.... except my trusty Kershaw knife which was bought for me for my 21st birthday.

Attachments

• Kershaw1 (Medium).JPG
    Kershaw1 (Medium).JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 130
My grandparents' clock. I can still picture the place it sat on the shelf, it's always been in my earliest memories.

Now it sits proudly over the fireplace in my house. It has great sentimental value, but I'd always assumed it was just a novelty clock. Got a bit of a shock when it got valued this year.

$T2eC16h,!zQE9s3suE70BR)M!sWm2Q~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:
Similar story to Ian, and as a result I don't have much from my youf.... except my trusty Kershaw knife which was bought for me for my 21st birthday.

21st birthday eh? still looks in very good condition after all these years. :icon-wink:

21st birthday eh? still looks in very good condition after all these years. :icon-wink:

I tend to look after it, but it has seen some work over it's life, skinned loads of rabbits, a python (found it dying), buck, pig and all the other regular stuff. and yes I have had it for a few years, not as many as you now Chas :lol:

not as many as you now Chas :lol:

:lol::lol:

I have a knife from way back when I was an apprentice electrician, a lock blade with wooden sides, it has stripped many a cable, it's been retired to my garage toolbox now.
I prefer to carry in the truck a Leatherman for all the attachments it has, actually I have a Gerber too, the Leatherman has snipe nose pliers while the Gerber has normal type jaws, better for large objects. All in a clip on pouch, along with a small torch, a fire starter and a Sharpie marker pen. (For when the urge to write some graffiti hits me :whistle:)
This was my mobile tool kit when I was working at the Royal Opera House and is my most treasured tool possession

1.jpg 2.jpg

3.jpg 4.jpg

Now you're getting it. Ahh I feel all warm and fuzzy. Skinned a python. Makes me feel all nostalgic. I have my first Swiss Army knife too. Bought as a nipper in Suffolk. I recall the next morning playing with it at breakfast under the tablecloth. Opened two blades at once and nearly took my finger off. It bled like a stuck pig. Tried to keep it from my parents.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well this is apropos of nothing really but just tickled that's all. I have been camping since I was a kid. I still have my very first tent and whilst still serviceable there is never going to be an occasion where I use it again. I just can't chuck it. Well, one of the bits of kit I treasured was my stove. It was an original Camping Gaz Globetrotter.

View attachment 8910

It went everywhere with me. Pretty sure it cost me the princely sum of £8.50 with I had to save up for of course. Well they stopped making the cartridges years ago and although I had three left, I just felt that once they'd gone, somehow I'd have to throw it out. Two things happened. I found that the longer legs off the Bluet stove fitted so I could use the larger 101 canisters so it would work is needed. And I found that they had made a new Globetrotter. Well they had, but even that was very old. It worked off the new style reusable cartridges. I bought one and got the lamp that goes with it. Never used those. Still in boxes. Well I was on e bay yesterday and couldn't believe it - 4 cartridges! Paid silly money for them, but hey, who cares. What would you pay to get your childhood back?

OK so what do you have in this sense that you have been unable to let go of. Your first pocket knife? Torch? Sub machine gun? Something that in an inanimate way is an old friend. And you can't put 'girlfriend'. That's just creepy.

Come on 'fess up. Oh if you have any cartridges yourself, give me a price ...

Chris

I tried to PM you but failed to fint the feature on this forum.
I can make you an adaptor so you can refill the original GT106 cartridge when it is in the stove.

Hi there. That's very kind of you but I haven't even used those yet and someone has another 5 for me so I am probably OK for gas until the reaper comes for me. Ha ha. It's not that important really. Just nostalgic.

Back