Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gutted

Can't you put them in the oven and then remove the plastic front lens and do it that way?

Not a good idea with them being completely made of plastic i don't think mate , its maddening that this could have been done so easily on the assembly line though .

I think i have sorted it despite frustrating myself by looking at the high beam when its only the dipped beam that is tested . The drivers side is now definitely pointing away from oncoming traffic but might be a little high . It's Friday so wages and bills to be paid and passenger side will have to wait until tomorrow .

When that's done i will find an online guide to diy set up because i don't want to be sent home again from the test centre :oops: so will do my best in the hope they can adjust to pass the test .

Last edited:
No you only put it in for a short time low heat or hair dyer in front of it and it makes the gunk go sticky what holds the lens on then just remove lens,il be doing mine when I change my halos on mine,done it before on my Bmw.

Two 10mm holes in each light is not the end of the world if they get the ok from the test centre as a result , and now i know what i'm doing the passenger light will take longer to remove and replace than it will to modify .
You know how it is when things are new your less inclined to mess in case you bugger it even before you get to use it .

Send them back for a refund is the response which is what i feared so that's an end to it as far as the seller is concerned his commitment to me is honored and if i spend probably 50 quid on return post i will probably be refunded half what i paid for the lights to be delivered .

Just as well they look good enough to make them worth the money even if i did have to modify them .

Some pics to take the guessing out of converting Prado 90 , Landcruiser Colorado , KZJ Landcruiser angel eye headlights from LHD to RHD .

Angel eyes LHD to RHD 001.JPGAngel eyes LHD to RHD 002.JPGAngel eyes LHD to RHD 003.JPGAngel eyes LHD to RHD 004.JPG

3 screws hold each reflector in , loosen them all (which will require drilling a couple of holes just to get at the screw) insert a bigger screw (i have used very large wood screws for pic purposes) to give the reflector something to push against while you tighten the other 2 screws to make it solid .

A child could do it the pita is you have to replace the light to see where the beam is aiming and if your not happy remove it to alter the screws . The factory adjusting screws will still work for fine tuning .

The pics show the max adjustment that can be had with this mod and with factory adjusters set as far to the left as possible for pic purposes , the pic below is i hope very close to the end result .

Finished Angel 001.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Probably the best option all things considered Shayne. Forget the hassle route and make what you have work if you can then so much the better. I would still go to your garage and ask them to set it up once you've got your bit done. That way you know it's right.

That all sounds great Shayne unfortunately the pictures aren't showing for me, just a box with a cross.

That's the plan Rich though a quick search found online d.i.y instructions involving 25ft from a wall so i will give that a go if i can find somewhere to do it first . Can't have the garage testing without charge because they can't get it right again .

Not sure what's happened to your pics Chas :think: the only thing i did different to usual was upload 4 at once instead of 1 at a time , can you see the last pic ?

Odd, I can see all the pics. Perhaps your PC has caught your flu Chas!

Not sure what's happened to your pics Chas :think: the only thing i did different to usual was upload 4 at once instead of 1 at a time , can you see the last pic ?
No Shayne none of the pics are showing still. Like Rich says maybe my PC has caught my bug. :lol:

You may need to update your antivirus Chas…

[emoji11]

I have also had other threads where the pics don't show but not all threads do that.

EDIT

As if by magic the pics have now appeared. WTF!

Last edited:
I have bouts of missing pics on various threads belonging to others but more often than not they will show next time i sign in .

I have also had other threads where the pics don't show but not all threads do that.

EDIT

As if by magic the pics have now appeared. WTF!

Must be feeling a bit better Chas…

All good here, but they're coughing and sneezing a bit... :think:

Glad you've managed to get them sorted buddy :thumbup:

Back