Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gutted

I've got one quick question, does the light height adjustment feature still work with these aftermarket lights?

I've got one quick question, does the light height adjustment feature still work with these aftermarket lights?

Yes there are 2 adjusters fitted left/right up/down they move the part the reflectors are screwed to so you can't alter beam separately .

Just been for a drive in the dark and i think the garage will use the adjusters to kick the beam up and right a bit now .

Last edited:
Yes there are 2 adjusters fitted left/right up/down they move the part the reflectors are screwed to so you can't alter beam separately .

Just been for a drive in the dark and i think the garage will use the adjusters to kick the beam up and right a bit now .

I know there might be some manual adjustments, but on my cruiser, I can electronically control the height of the beam. I find it useful as when I tow, I can lower the beam to compensate for the higher pitched front... Is this the same thing we're talking about?

No the electronic adjust is gone , i never used it anyway because my trucks so high . Sure i seen something somewhere on the web about modifying angel eyes to keep the function ?

I'm not gonna get these lights through an mot unless i pull them apart and paint or replace the reflector . Any ideas ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes Sean , i'm looking for reflectors now and starting to wonder if i could use the high beam one out of the set i got from you on my dipped beam light

Why's that Shayne? Are the reflectors made for LHD roads?

If you did that surly it would give too wider light if you know what I mean.
just a quick one have a look at the pics I've put up on maintenance thought you might be interested in one of theses

Yeah direction is not a problem but the dip reflector has a kick high right molded into it and no matter how i rotate the reflector the kick remains throwing light where it shouldn't be . It's a bloody nuisance because i can set the light so it annoys nobody .

This borrowed pic explains it better
headlight_beams.jpg

Strikes me as odd that the expensive ones from Oz (MARS) have replaced the dipped beam reflectors with projector lenses in all of their angel eye headlights apart from those for the 90 series ?

Last edited:
Would anyone like to be the devils advocate about replacing reflectors with these ?

http://www.bikermart.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=223-392

If I had clear lens lights, post 2000 year ones, or if I could manage to make my fluted lens clear, it would have been those projector style light I would be buying, they're relatively easy to set up and the light is great!

Alternatively Shayne, why don't you just swap your headlights when MOT time comes around?

I like fit and forget is all Beau , i won't have them blinding others as it winds me up when others do it to me but whats good for them is not good for me . I'm a bugger for forgetting to turn my lights on but its nice to know they are there if i need them .

Just found these which have potential http://gzxgy.en.alibaba.com/product..._reflector_HID_hight_beam_low_beam_H7_D2.html

Whats the craic with hids then i'm guessing its not just a case of joining wires ?

Yeah, I understand. I thought what you did to them already converted them over to RHD. I'm not following 100% here as to what you need to swap over, post some pics? I think it's a lot of trouble to go through that much effort of replacing the internal light reflectors and adding more stuff, don't you?

HID's require a ballast and can provide better lighting output. Depends on the kit you get. I have HID's and it's plug and play. I just needed to mount the ballast somewhere. In my fluted glass lens they work alright and provide much brighter light than the stock H4 bulbs ever did, but they still don't project the light as clear as newer style lights. IMO Projector style lens are the way to go for lighting.

Doesn't anyone sleep on this thread?

Thought I was bad enough at irregular hours :lol:

There is enough adjustment to direct beam to the left away from oncoming traffic , its the kick up which is caused by the reflector that is the problem .

See this pic
headlight_beams.jpg
if the reflector was uniform in pattern giving only a horizontal line on that garage door i wouldn't have a problem .

In an ideal world i could just turn the reflector 180 which would i think cause the kick to rise left as it should but the mounting points don't allow this . I have just got home and will have another go at them i reckon the odds are no better than 50/50 the lights will survive being in the oven and splitting so what have i got to lose by drilling some new mounting holes .

Last attempt for a while because Helen wants her truck in and returned from the paint shop before funeral , so if no luck now original lights will go back in as she works nights and will need my truck .

This is where i think the smooth part kick up of the reflector should be if it shows in pic ?
Rotate LHD to RHD 001.JPG this is the passenger side light .

I got it there by doing a bit of butchering with a hot knife
Rotate LHD to RHD 002.JPG

All i can do now is wait until its dark enough to see the beam pattern at 25ft distance and if my luck holds true the horizontal line will now be all over the place :icon-rolleyes:

My luck stayed true so refit Toyota lights it is :thumbdown:

Luck 001.JPG

Back